Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over
@"SleepingHero" and @"cow", I do think Toppin fits great with KP, which is rare, imo. But, that's not the primary goal, because like you guys I don't think KP is a permanent fixture here. However, he is here now, so...

But honestly, I think Toppin with LUKA would be amazeballs. I have no idea if the kid will be as good as he can be, but I like the idea of trying to identify these guys when they're young and you can get them for a song. What has me jazzed about @"DanSchwartzgan"'s idea today is that even though Toppin is one of NY's most prized prospects, I can actually envision them letting go of the kid (and maybe more) to get Brunson.

We keep pining over these Simmons/Collins types, but the reality is that until they're willing to move KP (or until someone wants him) they're just not in position to make a deal like that. Those are win now moves, and to be honest, I don't think the Mavericks are one piece away from winning now, even if that piece is freaking Jokic. I think there's just too much maturing/learning left to do on this team. They're YOUNG now, and I like the idea of staying young and growing together. 

For Toppin, I'm into taking the chance. There are others, like Bagley, who I'm completely out on, but Toppin feels like a great Luka-friendly fit to me. Just my opinion. 

All of this is predicated on the Mavs knowing they can't keep Brunson, of course. There's no question Brunson is the better player right now, and he might always be!
[-] The following 3 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • fifteenth, MFFL, Paul Gasol
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by Kammrath - 08-10-2021, 10:23 AM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL: Feb 10, 2pm |Kings drop out of Simmons pursuit - by KillerLeft - 01-28-2022, 06:09 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:21 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:35 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 05:48 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by SkenfromLMF - 02-10-2022, 05:46 PM