Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over
I just don't see what you guys see in Toppin. He had a mediocre rookie year with a couple of highlight dunks. He has shown some flashes of switchability. But really if he was a ready to win now player he'd be playing in NYK as their desperate. Thibs doesn't shy away from playing guys as we know. 

If the majority of Toppin love comes around how he fits next to KP primarily, then I think that's the wrong mindset. As cow said:
Quote:cow:

Random thoughts:

-Losing Maxi and JB means you are punting on this season.
-I hate the thought of picking players who will work great with KP.  KP is not who we should be building around.

KP shouldn't be the primary focus in team building ever. We'd be giving up two of our most important pieces for a guard on their last legs, and a lotto pick we hope turns into something useful. 

To me that's a huge risk. I don't get why we're pigeonholing ourselves into subpar trade ideas with NYK regarding Brunson. I can see viable deals with Boston (Smart) and Detroit (Grant). Let THEM deal with NYK in the summer.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by Kammrath - 08-10-2021, 10:23 AM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL: Feb 10, 2pm |Stein DAL see JB/DFS near untouchable, want creator - by SleepingHero - 01-28-2022, 05:26 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:21 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:35 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 05:48 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by SkenfromLMF - 02-10-2022, 05:46 PM