Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over
(01-28-2022, 02:09 PM)cow Wrote: -1.5 Years of Maxi is a late FRP value.
-JB is a late FRP value (getting him there helps them more easily resign him, shows him commitment and helps the team this year)
-Taking Kemba off their hands is a minor value (SRP)
-I don't have an opinion on Toppin but he was the 8th overall pick.  

I'm not sure it's equitable but I'd want Toppin and the protections removed or reworked (is that possible?  If it doesn't convey in '23, have it convert to a SRP?) on the '23 pick.  

Random thoughts:

-Losing Maxi and JB means you are punting on this season.
-I hate the thought of picking players who will work great with KP.  KP is not who we should be building around.
I think JB is top 10 pick worthy. 

I also don't know how to value Toppin who was the 8th pick, but is stuck behind a better player (and if NY truly is going after Zion, would be stuck behind him too!). How valuable could he be to NY in these cases?

I like these two alternatives between you and DS to getting the 23 back, anything to get us more picks sooner is better for our trade offerings. I think Dan's alternative of removing the protections and pick swapping 22 is favorable of course and think that is probably best case alternative in a straight JB for Toppin deal.

As far as the Random Thoughts?

-I can't go there with you. I don't think this team gets beyond the first round of the playoffs, and I think Luka gets us in the playoffs alone, so getting lesser players (maybe, and right now...maybe too) doesn't really make this a punting season in my mind. But making this trade opens up a good amount more possibilities for the future...like trading KP!
-From the sounds of it, Toppin looks to be a Christian Wood starter kit, possibly with higher upside. That fits next to more players than just KP. However, I get where you're coming from as far as mindset, and I'm very ready to move on from KP too! I'm close to making a sig bet with someone that if we don't trade him by the TDL this year that he'll be injured and unavailable for the playoffs this year...
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by Kammrath - 08-10-2021, 10:23 AM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL: Feb 10, 2pm |Stein DAL see JB/DFS near untouchable, want creator - by ItsGoTime - 01-28-2022, 03:01 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:21 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:35 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 05:48 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by SkenfromLMF - 02-10-2022, 05:46 PM