Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over
(01-27-2022, 10:00 PM)cow Wrote: I'd rather have Jalen than Fox.  Fox has the "advantage" of being under contract for four seasons after this one.  Haliburton is also under contract next season, then a club option the following and a RFA after that.  You have a lot more control by trading for the players you listed.  

The value of trading for Jalen now, beyond a half season of play, is maybe that instills confidence in him towards your organization and that might help that organization fit them in their cap structure.  

Now for some wild ass speculation on my part since the NBA loves tampering, New York tampering with Jalen would be extremely easy because of their relationship with his dad.  The question becomes how hard is it for the Knicks to clear the ~$15m (if the $20m+ rumor is true) off their cap next year to just outright sign Jalen?  And would that cap clearing exercise be less expensive than trading for him at the TDL?

That's why my original idea was Robinson for Jalen, Bullock for Kemba, and our 23rd pick back.  That's assuming the Knicks don't plan to retain Robinson and he very well might be a half season rental for the Mavs.  This was back when Kemba was benched so it would have actually been doing the Knicks a solid.  I have no idea where that relationship is now.  I'm starting to think even that trade idea is far fetched.

Given the contract of Fox, I dont necessarily disagree.  I do think, however, Fox has so much more upside and potential than Jalen.  I also think he might be a completely different player under Kidd and with Luka.    If Jalen does not want to come back and we could find a way to do Jalen for Fox by giving away Jalen and salary dumps....I would do it in a heartbeat.  Unfortunately, the salaries and fact that Jalen would have to agree to sign with SAC would probably make this impossible.

I also thought I saw SAC wanted to keep both Fox and Halliburton to build around?  Of course, lies run amuck at this time of year.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by Kammrath - 08-10-2021, 10:23 AM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL: Feb 10, 2pm |Stein DAL see JB/DFS near untouchable, want creator - by Davemo - 01-28-2022, 11:39 AM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:21 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:35 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 05:48 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by SkenfromLMF - 02-10-2022, 05:46 PM