Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over
Obviously, this is a somewhat simple analysis that has exceptions in a lot of categories.  I am just tired of seeing DP or MK get pushed around on the boards without an answer and tired of seeing other teams use their speed to get easy looks.  Meanwhile, we are having to fight and scratch for every point.   

I have always tried to look at players and what dimensions do they bring to the table and what dimensions do they lack.  Some of the dimensions I look at are:  BBIQ, skill, physicality, length, speed/quickness, hard working...etc.  For instance, JB brings BBIQ, skill, and some physicality but lacks speed and length.  IMO, the mavs (based on what I see, not stats) lack physicality and speed.......moreso for the playoffs than the regular season, IMO.  Length, which we have, will counter speed in most cases, but speed often counters physicality.  I would like to get either a player with game changing speed or physicality in a trade without crushing us in another dimension (Trey Burke, Boban come to mind...they have those traits but are not useful in most situations).  Powell, KP, and Maxi are not physical enough for playoff bball as a group.  Is Siakam or Harris?  Luka, JB, THJ, RB do not have quickness and speed as a group....is there someone we can trade for that does?  I am looking to add diversity to our attack.   

IMO, playoff bball tends to be more physical and defensive.  It seems to me, Kidd wants to play this way.  I think we have some length (can always use more), but we need to add toughness and/or quickness.  Any thoughts on players we can trade for to help?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Davemo's post:
  • omahen
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by Kammrath - 08-10-2021, 10:23 AM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL: Feb 10, 2 pm |76ers want Harden| Magic to trade Ross or Harris - by Davemo - 01-25-2022, 01:46 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:21 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:35 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 05:48 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by SkenfromLMF - 02-10-2022, 05:46 PM