Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over
(01-25-2022, 11:48 AM)cow Wrote: JB alone isn't going to get you an all-star, not even close.  He is your best asset to package, no doubt, but we need to be realistic.  Creating cap space isn't impossible either.

I also don't see a lot of angst for trading JB either but it is important to remember that JB controls his destiny, not the Mavs.  He could want more than the Mavs are willing to pay.  He could take less to go somewhere else.  If he wants to go to another team that has cap issues, he could request both the Mavs and said team work out a trade with the threat to the Mavs of walking for nothing.  JB's attitude towards the Mavs is the big unknown.  We know he wants an expanded role and we have a good idea of the money he wants.  

For your Celtics idea, I haven't really kept up on Nesmith but I kind of doubt they'd want that deal.

I doubt that Mavs would want the Harris deal.

I think you are underestimating what Collins could return in a trade.

I would do the Celtics deal without Nesmith (he is having a rough year and may be a bust anyways).  I think trading for Smart makes it less likely Brunson wants to stay here and probably a signal he wont.  If we are going to dump Brunson for pick(s) this trade would make a lot of sense.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by Kammrath - 08-10-2021, 10:23 AM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL: Feb 10, 2 pm |76ers want Harden| Magic to trade Ross or Harris - by mvossman - 01-25-2022, 01:16 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:21 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:35 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 05:48 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by SkenfromLMF - 02-10-2022, 05:46 PM