Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over
(01-24-2022, 11:50 PM)F Gump Wrote: I think Roco is on the downhill side, more reputation with fans than stellar play. If up to me, I only consider him as an MLE signing in July, but not in trade giving up assets.

Re alternatives mentioned from time to time, I think Grant isn't as good as his stats (player on very bad team, getting stats because someone will), but he also wants to be The Guy getting all the shots, somewhere. No thank you.

The guy I like a lot is Collins, who I think would be great here if you can get him. The contract would be tough to add, forcing MC to make a major commitment, but he's the guy imo. I wouldn't offer JB (who wouldn't be a good fit there anyhow) but could THJ-DFS-pick and eating a bad salary with the TPE get you close?

While I agree that RoCo is on the downhill, I think he still plays elite defense.  But the fact that he is on the downhill, expiring, and probably not staying with his current team is what makes him gettable with our meager assets.

Collins would be a great get, but we don't have the assets to get him, and if we did it would require gutting the team.  I don't think it makes sense to make a move like that right now given how well the team is playing.  I would prefer small affordable upgrades like RoCo and Dragic.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by Kammrath - 08-10-2021, 10:23 AM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL: Feb 10, 2 pm |HOU might want WB for Wall?| BKN shopping Milsap - by mvossman - 01-25-2022, 08:59 AM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:21 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:35 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 05:48 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by SkenfromLMF - 02-10-2022, 05:46 PM