Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over
(01-25-2022, 12:51 AM)cow Wrote: You'd probably need to trade Brunson to get your '23 back as I don't think the Mavs '27 pick is all that attractive to anyone at the moment.  I guess that's okay if you are getting Bogdan as the Brunson replacement, but that dude has missed a bunch of games (44/72 last year, 28/46 this year).  I also wouldn't be surprised if Atlanta would prefer to swap Gallo instead and they still might want multiple FRPs in the deal.

If Collins costs Brunson as well Im out. ATL is hurting and is sitting at 12th in the Eastern Conference. 

Adding Gallo makes things a little bit more complicated if its just the Mavs and Hawks since the Mavs would have to make up 5.5 mil and there isn't a contract on the team that works (*obviously not counting KP/Luka for obvious reasons and Powell due to lack of value). 

Maybe there's a 3 team trade here:

ATL: Horford, THJ, Kleber, 2027 FRP Mavs
BOS: Gallo, Bogdan, Huerter
DAL: Smart, Collins, Schroeder.

Now this is entirely Mavs biased. They're making out like thieves. But I tried to reason why it made sense for each team.

ATL gets back fan favorite Horford who has a partial guarantee next year. Horford ideally comes off the bench for Capela, BUT can also play next to him due to his shooting ability, and provides the vet presence needed for the Hawks. He's also defensive minded, something they've needed for a while. THJ replaces Bogdan. Maxi replaces Collins. 

BOS: Truly my only reasoning why BOS does this is 1) they save about 4.5 mil this year putting them under the tax. They get a prospect in Huerter who's already locked up. Bogdan has been an above average playmaker for a 2 guard that can come and get the ball moving. Gallo really is just an expiring next year, but should provide some bench shooting. They lose Smart but get off his money. And they find someone to take Schroder off their hands.

DAL: I mean they get Smart and Collins while keeping everyone but Maxi. Obviously this shouldn't work. Perhaps if they added Brunson to BOS then things start to make sense. But at that point do you feel comfortable losing Brunson and replacing him with Smart and his money? Even if it nets Collins? 

This is more of a fun thought experiment. If you got to this point I can't believe you read all of this.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by Kammrath - 08-10-2021, 10:23 AM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL: Feb 10, 2 pm |HOU might want WB for Wall?| BKN shopping Milsap - by SleepingHero - 01-25-2022, 01:05 AM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:21 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:35 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 05:48 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by SkenfromLMF - 02-10-2022, 05:46 PM