Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over
(01-24-2022, 05:28 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: So do you think: 

A) they've decided to go into tax territory (and either pay it or shed salary at next year's deadline) by re-signing Brunson/DFS? 

B) they'll try to shed salary, either at this TDL or over the summer, by moving someone besides THJ?

C) they will simply not re-sign Brunson, THJ or both?

I'm THJ's biggest fan here (for sure) and even I think it's clear he's not giving them a good return on his contract, so far.

-I think there is a very real chance Brunson gets traded.  If he makes it to free agency, there is a very real chance someone will pay him more than the MBT are comfortable with.  I've said this before but if I'm Jalen, my negotiation with the Mavs starts at THJ's contract.  He plays better and is more valuable to the team, so why wouldn't he ask for that type of contract?  And much like THJ, I just don't think he's worth that much money.  Sorry to harp, but it's another reason why the THJ was terrible.  Atlanta knew what they had and were happy to let the Knicks overpay.  The Knicks were glad to be rid of him.  We are the only team to have repeated the mistake with him.  He's a $12m per type of player.

-Speaking of THJ, I think he is being shopped, but they just aren't going to salary dump him.  His contract sucks but I don't think it's unmovable or expensive to do so.  He's a good teammate and wants to be here.  I think the size of his contract is also valuable if you want an upgrade (think along the line of Grant or McCollum) if we want to spend other assets to do so, you still need salary matching.  

-I'm assuming C is DFS and not THJ.  DFS is going to command a much smaller contract so I think the intention is to keep him.

Also, I don't consider THJ a Nico signing.  I think this up-coming offseason will be the one to give him credit for.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by Kammrath - 08-10-2021, 10:23 AM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL: Feb 10, 2 pm |HOU might want WB for Wall?| BKN shopping Milsap - by cow - 01-24-2022, 09:15 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:21 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:35 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 05:48 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by SkenfromLMF - 02-10-2022, 05:46 PM