Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over
Regarding Jalen, it will be interesting what the market is this summer.   Simons from Portland is a RFA but I wonder if a team throws a ton at him with his recent good play.   Sexton is also a RFA.  He has been up and down but a team may throw at ton at him as Cleveland may not see him in their long term play.  They may still match to keep the asset though.   Then you have Tyus Jones is also a free agent and he has been very good this year in Memphis.    Rubio will be coming off an ACL, but he will probably have suiters in the MLE.  Schroeder from Boston may be an MLE candidate too....who knows though.   Different strokes for different folks, but it is a little big muddy with PG free agents.

(01-24-2022, 08:03 PM)omahen Wrote: Not really sold by any of them, I think they lack the D part too much for what Mavs are trying to do. Another idea - Nance still fits in our TE and Portland would certainly like to get out of tax. Of course this increases Mavs tax problem for next season, but they can deal with that from draft night all the way to the next year TDL.

I am interested to get a good look at Nance when we play Portland this week.  Earlier this year he was rough in our matchup with them.   

Portland seemed to make several moves that smart basketball people thought were good (Roco, Jones, Nance, etc).  They just haven't worked.   I was going to do a post about how the Mavs can't be Portland.  Sometimes the moves people say are good, do not work out.    GMing is tough.
[-] The following 2 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • F Gump, KillerLeft
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by Kammrath - 08-10-2021, 10:23 AM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL: Feb 10, 2 pm |HOU might want WB for Wall?| BKN shopping Milsap - by Chicagojk - 01-24-2022, 08:04 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:21 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:35 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 05:48 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by SkenfromLMF - 02-10-2022, 05:46 PM