Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over
(01-24-2022, 05:30 PM)F Gump Wrote: My thought would be that you waive Moore to free up a slot for Dragic, then in the summer you would re-sign Harris for just over MLE, and re-sign Lopez for about the same 5M he gets now. In total that would be a reduction of about 20M next season, but you might end up with having similar talent available on the roster. Is that realistic?

I'm not sure if it's realistic or not (you'd know better than I). 

Maybe I need to get more familiar with Harris, but not re-signing him was kind of the point for me in the earlier scenario (which is why I was hoping for another smaller asset like a late first, second rounder or Moses Brown type). 

But, if Harris is some sort of prize, maybe your idea is the way to go. 

I, personally, think Powell is starting to look like an important part of this team again for the first time since the injury, and I'm quite content to simply keep him until his deal expires. So, I'm a little less keen to replace him with Lopez than you might be, but it would help with the tax issue, I suppose. 

All in all, this is probably the way "salary dump" deals look. We haven't seen many of them around here over the years. I suppose the Richardson deal from this past summer applies, but it was much simpler. Seems like other teams make deals like yours fairly often.

(01-24-2022, 06:18 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: I think you’re stretching and squinting way too much here to try to fit DFS into some position/player that doesn’t exist

Huh? I'm describing what he is? So, it does exist. It's him! 

Maybe we're not understanding each other.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by Kammrath - 08-10-2021, 10:23 AM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL: Feb 10, 2 pm |HOU might want WB for Wall?| BKN shopping Milsap - by KillerLeft - 01-24-2022, 06:19 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:21 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:35 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 05:48 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by SkenfromLMF - 02-10-2022, 05:46 PM