Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over
(01-24-2022, 04:37 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: But you get some good sized deals back by re-signing Brunson/DFS, right? I mean, they're not THJ sized deals, I get it. But, if the team is willing to pay the tax next year, they don't have to trade anyone. Most of us don't think they will. 

If they won't pay it, I'd rather keep both Brunson and DFS than THJ, if given the choice.

Let's say the Mavs agree, and decide they MUST move off some money. Figuring out what that looks like, and how they move forward, isn't easy.

For example, if we want them to move THJ for Harris, isn't it realistic that they might then pivot in the summer and use the Bird rights on Harris to try to re-sign him at a lesser number (at just above MLE, say)? So the "savings" by moving THJ is less, but going forward they still might retain some talent.

In that vein, I'm intrigued with ORL and pure cap-reducing deals. Looks like there might be possibilities there.

So would you do this deal, with ORL, that might be worth $20M in future cap savings, but where it looks like ORL certainly gets the better end of the deal? No picks, just players.

Powell, THJ, Burke
FOR
Lopez, Harris, Moore (injured)

My thought would be that you waive Moore to free up a slot for Dragic, then in the summer you would re-sign Harris for just over MLE, and re-sign Lopez for about the same 5M he gets now. In total that would be a reduction of about 20M next season, but you might end up with having similar talent available on the roster. Is that realistic?
[-] The following 2 users Like F Gump's post:
  • BackToSquareOne, KillerLeft
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by Kammrath - 08-10-2021, 10:23 AM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL: Feb 10, 2 pm |HOU might want WB for Wall?| BKN shopping Milsap - by F Gump - 01-24-2022, 05:30 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:21 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:35 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 05:48 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by SkenfromLMF - 02-10-2022, 05:46 PM