Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over
(01-24-2022, 03:15 PM)F Gump Wrote: My random views on where to go, so far (may be different than most)

1 I don't think the tax should matter.
2 I would keep JB and DFS, if the money is reasonable.
3 In equations with NY, I have seen M Robinson mentioned in various ways, but everyone ignores that he is in the same circumstance as JB -- he will be ufa with a sizable raise and tricky negotiation ahead.
4 I agree that trading THJ for an expiring solves the money woes, and might be a plus.
5 But I also think that you would be trading "low" on THJ, and later you might be wishing that you had a shooter (like THJ) if he simply returns back to his prior level of shooting.
6 I would definitely look to trade THJ is he's upset about being a backup. Otherwise, if he's a plus and a good leader to younger players, maybe the best move is just work to get him playing better.
7 I think ORL would look at THJ as a helpful upgrade over Harris, as he is locked in at a decent price for multiple years, so you might be able to get a bit more value in return than just a Harris rental.
8 I would expect Dragic will be bought out after the deadline and available in a month or less, and I think that remains "more likely than not" even if TOR finds a use for him as trade filler (as they are wishing).
9 I don't think the Mavs would trade for Dragic. If they had a fit that way, we would have seen it in 2021 imo.
10 BUT --- to sign him, I am wondering where the Mavs get a roster spot. It's tight already. I think they like their "end of the roster" crew, generally. (Bobi, Moses, Chriss, Ntilikina, Burke)
11 Where would you get minutes to play Dragic, as an 11th man? This would be a signing that's sorta Peja-like, right? Barring injury ...
... 1-5 KP, Maxi, DFS, Luka, Brunson
... 6-10 Powell, THJ, Bullock, Green, S Brown
12 While there might be opportunity for using the TPE to add a player, isn't that yet another roster spot you would need and don't have?
13 This year so far the Mavs churned through kids, all of T Bey, Ty Terry, McLaughlin, Carlik Jones, Omoruyi, plus some hardship guys. They did add Pinson for a 2-way after using him on a hardship deal, but seems couldn't even find any other suitable 2-way player (they never filled the other slot). Is their scouting that bad?
14 Seeing Clipps with Batum and Heat with PJ Tucker, vet 3-&-D guys on modest deals when they weren't pursued by everyone as a fa, making huge contributions, and there seems to be a lesson to be learned. Good cap mgmt. (I still think the Bullock deal was smart. Just thinking ahead here.)
15 Not that interested in Roco now, with injuries and decline and at a likely high trade cost. But be the one to sign him (or someone like him) if he's overlooked as a fa, maybe.

Phenomenal post, imo. 

I'm right there with you, 1-15.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • F Gump, fifteenth
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by Kammrath - 08-10-2021, 10:23 AM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL: Feb 10, 2 pm |HOU might want WB for Wall?| BKN shopping Milsap - by KillerLeft - 01-24-2022, 03:26 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:21 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:35 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 05:48 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by SkenfromLMF - 02-10-2022, 05:46 PM