Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over
(01-21-2022, 09:13 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: First, you can't trade the 2022 first until the pick is made, which means this can't be done until June and at that point Orlando can't send Harris at his current expiring deal to trade match Hardaway.

But even if you could, if you leave Bamba out of this (optional), you are paying to give Hardaway away.  If he's so bad you have to drop down in the draft several spots to move him, then the TDL is hopeless.  Green would take that spot in the rotation, so there is no point in signing Harris to a contract that is worth less than the TP MLE.  Plus you already have Brown and Frank who do similar things for much less.

You've posted this several times and until you made the Bamba part optional, I assumed you had a higher opinion of Bamba than I do.  If you watch how we are defending right now, we need bigs who are more mobile than Bamba (if healthy Turner wasn't going to work, Bamba certainly won't).  I think PJ Washington or Batum or Thaddeus Young or Toppin would be much better fits for this scheme.  I'd like to get a guy like that and move Maxi to the bench with Powell.  I'd also like an upgrade over Burke as our third PG.  The question is how can you deal for any of that without giving up DFS, JB or Green when we can't deal a pick until 2026?

Question...if no trade is made and Dragic does get bought out, are there "real" minutes for him here with the roster as is?  It is a tight fit.   You can say he would be valuable with Luka and Jalen starting.  But who would lose minutes....Hardaway, Bullock, other?   There would be a crunch there.

The Mavs team is playing well, but we still are not quite up to the level of the top teams.   I am not sure a move is out there to get us to that level at this time.    I like the PJ Washington and Batum suggestions...both would fit in nice.  If neither are available, it may be best to keep our resources and wait for when that last piece trade is available.   

I like the rotations for the most part and going smaller.  In time, I think I would like to see Chriss get some minutes with either KP or Maxi.   Not in place of Powell, but just a lineup with two athletic big.  A lot of people deserve minutes though and he is on the outside looking in.  He may get a shot though as he gets up to speed on what Kidd wants.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by Kammrath - 08-10-2021, 10:23 AM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL: Feb 10, 2 pm | Turner has foot injury | THT being shopped - by Chicagojk - 01-21-2022, 09:30 AM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:21 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:35 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 05:48 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by SkenfromLMF - 02-10-2022, 05:46 PM