Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over
(01-21-2022, 07:44 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: That feels like a Cuban-Classic move, not the kind of thing we've seen in quite a while.  I'd love it, but it would be a tough sell in Orlando.  They are sending out two of their recent top 10 draft picks.  The payoff for those seasons of being bad are Powell and THJ?  that doesn't feel like nearly enough.  It doesn't really save them any money (unless you count the money you don't sign Bamba to a year from now).  And, its not like Issac is keeping them from making the playoffs (or Powell/Hardaway would get them there).

On the plus side, it would give them a Harris replacement and a Lopez replacement and gets them out from under Ross.  That's not nothing.  Powell expires before they have to pay Anthony and Hampton (assuming he grows into something).  The bigger issue is 25/26 when they have to pay Suggs and Wagner and make a call on UFA Isaac if they still have him.  By that time Hardaway's contract is done.  There is logic to all of that, but I think Dallas would need to do more.  Maybe hometown boy Finney-Smith.  Maybe Maxi instead of Powell.  Maybe a pick.  I don't know.  If I were Orlando and I'm not trying to be good yet, I'd probably try to rehab his value a bit more before doing anything.

Yeah they are not sending out Isaac and Bamba, especially not for that package. One is a dead certainty, especially given there is a 80% chance, they´ll draft another PF/C in the upcoming draft. We all assume that Bamba is the odd man out, but he´s stil a RFA, so he´s basically under contract. Maybe they prefer to re-sign him and ship the even more injury-prone Isaac out. For rest of argument go with Bamba

Personally with the recent performances by the team, I think the main question should be cap management and Porzingis health projections. They are showing real progress. so I think the strategy going forward should be

1) THJ + Burke our 2022 1st round pick (top 16 protected) for Gary Harris and their 2022 2nd round pick (optional Bamba for TPE).

That means we swap a pick between 17-25ish for the 31st pick, plus we gain some flexibility going forward.

Re-sign Brunson 72/4
Re-sign Dorian 56/4
Re-sign Harris 15/3
Re-sign Bamba 30/3 (optional)

Doncic/Ntilikina/Moses Wink
Brunson/Harris/Brown
DFS/Bullock/Green
Kleber/Powell/Chriss
Porzingis/Bamba/Boban

Now I´m preparing my ALL-IN move, cause this roster imho is one clutch 4th quarter iso superstar away from SERIOUS championship material. So let´s find out how tight Nico and Lillard truly are. Cause you put him on that team... Cool
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by Kammrath - 08-10-2021, 10:23 AM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL: Feb 10, 2 pm | Turner has foot injury | THT being shopped - by Mavs2021 - 01-21-2022, 08:18 AM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:21 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:35 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 05:48 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by SkenfromLMF - 02-10-2022, 05:46 PM