Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over
(01-19-2022, 12:46 PM)mvossman Wrote: I'm not even sure he is that great a fit.  He is not a great floor stretcher.  His offense is predicated more on volume than efficiency.  He is a versatile defender but not elite.  Honestly if you are going to put him in a starting lineup with Luka, KP and Brunson I would probably prefer DFS.  I think he is a little better defender, and in that role offensive efficiency is more important than volume.  The mindset between the two makes it an easy call.

I agree with this. 

I was one of the first people into Grant here, mostly during his Denver time (a short window). I was out on him after that free agency when it became clear he was trying to turn himself into Kawhi Leonard. I don't think he has a very realistic vision for his career, and guys like that scare me. By contrast, DFS is the type to do literally anything asked of him about 10% better than what can be realistically expected. That's the type you want. 

I think what's so alluring about Grant, fit wise, and what keeps bringing him back into these discussions is his body/movement combo. He's like the same size as Chriss (longer arms, I think) and yet he moves like DFS. That's the dream when it comes to the modern NBA 4, imho, especially when building around a 5 whose feet are a little on the slow side (Porzingis). This is why some of us refuse to let go of the Simmons dream, even though it's clearly unrealistic to think the Mavs have any shot there. 

Grant COULD be amazing for pretty much any team, but "a primary offensive option" he is not, and so his attitude, combined with the likely price of such an acquisition, make him not such an ideal target for the Mavs, imho.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by Kammrath - 08-10-2021, 10:23 AM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL: Feb 10, 2 pm | Turner has foot injury | JC 'frustrated' in ATL - by KillerLeft - 01-19-2022, 12:53 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:21 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:35 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 05:48 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by SkenfromLMF - 02-10-2022, 05:46 PM