Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over
(01-18-2022, 03:25 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: I can totally do without the PF/C experiment. I want to play small and go for another 20 PPG playmaker, but the Mavs might be dead set on this theory.

They did start the season with about 4-5 centers on the roster afterall. I honestly don´t know what their real thoughts are on this Porzingis Twin Towers PF stuff, but I´d much prefer to invest some minutes into a former lottery pick that has some tools and mobility to test that theory properly at a fairly low cost. 

Plus I think there is some potential with Bamba. He´s had just 190 NBA games. This season is the first he played real minutes. He´s got to 10/8 with 2 blocks and almost 2 assists, while shooting sub 0.500 from the field and only getting to the line once per game. He has the body to develop into this rim-runner type that has done great with us, especially with a savant like Luka. He also seems like the type of player that would benefit from playing with other good players. So assuming you can get his FG% up by 10% and his FT attempts up by two per game, you are looking at a 14/10 projection with 2 blocks. And I doubt he´ll cost much more than the MLE to retain next summer.

I think that´s the kind of forward projections we have to nail.

Jarrett Allen and Lauri Markkanen were two such players that became available last year. Bamba/Bagley are it this year. Myles Turner could totally be such a player. I just think the cost will be totally unreasonable compared to all these other guys mentioned.

I find it encouraging that they are starting Maxi with KP now.  I don't think they are that married to the two center approach (the other big name target was JC who is clearly a 4).  They may determine they only need it for a random 10 minutes a game (it has not been much more than that for several weeks) and Powell or even Chriss can do that.

Also, you are comparing Turner and Bamba with basic counting stats.  Turner is not desirable due to his counting stats (including blocks),  he is desirable because his defensive impact on the court is elite.  Bamba is nowhere near that and likely never will be.

Allen and LM were restricted.  Their availability was limited.  Allen is having a great year, but he got 20 mil as a restricted free agent.  His cost would have been insane.  I have not seen anything to suggest LM is worth mare than the 16 mil and assets he cost.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by Kammrath - 08-10-2021, 10:23 AM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL: Feb 10, 2 pm | BS prefers DAL/GSW | JC 'frustrated' in ATL - by mvossman - 01-18-2022, 05:00 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:21 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:35 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 05:48 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by SkenfromLMF - 02-10-2022, 05:46 PM