Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over
(01-18-2022, 02:03 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Love the Turner take, but don't know how to reconcile it with your often suggested targeting of Bamba. What gives?

I think Bamba is a little more mobile than Turner. There is more improvement and upside, too. So say you really want to try a legit C next to Porzingis, you get a cheaper (acquiring costs) version. You can test him for 3-4 months to determine whether he´s worth retaining in FA or he will be a nice trade asset to send to the Pacers in the summer.

Pacers generally don´t go for picks, but rather underappreciated young veterans. Bamba fits that mold. So the argument would be to get such an asset in preparation for a summer trade, plus you get to test drive Bamba and the compatilibity of PF Porzingis/legit C. Better to only sink two 2nd rounders into Bamba, one you likely be able to recover in a RFA trade right now.

Maybe Turner won´t even return this season, so you head into the summer FA without any additional knowledge of the Porzingis PF/legit C theory. Then you go into next season testing your theory, find out it stinks and you had your whole 2022 off-season and roster build on a false assumption for which you paid a lot more assets.

Right now Turner is averaging 13/7 with three blocks. Bamba is averaging 10/8 with two blocks. Both are shooting 33% from three. You want to test that Twin Towers theory, Bamba is your best bet.

I still think this experiment would fail due to insufficient amount of playmakers and Luka being a point power forward. I´d rather have it fail with two 2nd round picks attached than a 1st rounder plus X.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by Kammrath - 08-10-2021, 10:23 AM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL: Feb 10, 2 pm | BS prefers DAL/GSW | JC 'frustrated' in ATL - by Mavs2021 - 01-18-2022, 02:19 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:21 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:35 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 05:48 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by SkenfromLMF - 02-10-2022, 05:46 PM