Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over
(01-17-2022, 08:38 PM)F Gump Wrote: I have thought for a while there's an angle for THJ to Indy, with Lavert to Dallas, as part of a MT deal.

THJ fits the RC system. Lavert, who can't space the floor so clogs up the flow, does not fit, and his contract is not very enticing. I'd much rather have Lamb (or Warren or Craig) than Lavert, because of money, but I think Indy would prefer them too for the same reaon. So I think the Pacers would LOVE to replace Lavert with THJ, and it would add plus value in getting Turner.

In addition, that 2-for-2 (THJ/DP for MT/CL) lowers the payroll for Indy which is mandatory in any trade (they're right at the tax line).

Once current caution re Turner. He has been dealing with some sort of foot problems, that may be a real issue. Gotta be very wary.

I agree with the Hardaway fit in Indy.  I'd go further to say LeVert's ball handling makes him a better sixth man here than Hardaway.  One more year in the $19mm range is much better than three more years at the same price for Hardaway.  It is possible that by the 23/24 season Josh has grown into a similar or even better player and LeVert at that price tag won't be needed.  I don't think the the Mav's are losing a Hardaway for LeVert swap and may be winning it.

My question is whether Indy would value Powell over Maxi next to Sabonis.  I think it is hands down Maxi (which saves Indy even more money than the Powell two for two).  But, neither lands you Turner.  Even if you think THJ has positive value compared to LeVert, that plus Indy's choice of Maxi or Powell doesn't get you there.  Something has to be added, whether that is a pick or a player.
[-] The following 3 users Like DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • fifteenth, KillerLeft, Tyler
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by Kammrath - 08-10-2021, 10:23 AM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL: Feb 10, 2 pm | BS prefers DAL/GSW | JC 'frustrated' in ATL - by DanSchwartzgan - 01-18-2022, 07:44 AM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:21 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:35 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 05:48 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by SkenfromLMF - 02-10-2022, 05:46 PM