Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over
(01-17-2022, 02:48 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Idk, man. The rumor included Brunson as an option, too, and I think he's WAY more valuable than Turner.

I guess we might find out!

I'm just going off the report that Indiana wants two first for Turner.  That might be chest puffing but I'd think they'd want at least one.  You'd have to squint pretty hard to call Powell a neutral asset.  Yes, he has ties to Rick and is a good culture guy but that and his play aren't worth 11 million.  As you and I have discussed, DFS doesn't really have trade value even if he is a player you want on your team.  He's expiring and is going to get paid so you could just wait until the offseason and give him a slight overpay (starting at 13m).    DFS as the principle in the trade just doesn't make sense unless we include a pick.  

Brunson makes more sense.  Surely he and his bird rights (those are tradeable right), are worth a FRP+.  That kind of satisfies Indiana's ask for Turner with the + being absorbing Powell's contract.  I wouldn't do the deal personally but structurally it seems a lot more fair.

I guess I've come around on the idea of going all in on building the franchise around Luka and JB.  It's why I think Dorian and Maxi are even more important.  I really think the play is to try to extract value from KP/THJ and get more role players in the ilk of Dorian and Maxi.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • mvossman
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by Kammrath - 08-10-2021, 10:23 AM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL: Feb 10, 2 pm | BS prefers DAL/GSW | JC 'frustrated' in ATL - by cow - 01-17-2022, 02:57 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:21 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:35 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 05:48 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by SkenfromLMF - 02-10-2022, 05:46 PM