Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over
(01-12-2022, 06:27 PM)mvossman Wrote: Simmons is not a rim protector.  As good as he is at defense, I think you take away a lot of that value if you make him a center.

The same way if you trade for Turner and he is being on the perimeter. I guess you dont have much worries anymore about the front court, if the deal is really Turner/Powell. If its more assets (FN/JG) or even a pick added, i am jumping of a bridge. I am still wondering how the team would look with Josh Green / FN playing 30 min each. Their +/- so far is off the charts and both seems to work well within Kidd's defensive system Big Grin Neither JG nor Frank have a negative offensive on/off so far.

But now to the reality:

People are on that hopium that if they trade for Turner, KP is going to be traded for a wing or for John Collins. What if the overall plan is to keep KP + Turner for now?
People are on that hopium that if you trade DFS, that JG/FN getting "more" minutes now. What if the result is more of Luka/Brunson/THJ? Big Grin

THJ is still on the team and making 20 mill. Unless THJ is dealt somewhere. He is not going to be benched simply because of his contract, no matter how well JG/FN are performing.

The Knicks game was the prime example what could very well happen: Barely JG, no FN, yet back to Luka - Brunson - THJ. Without DFS the odds of Luka - Brunson - THJ sharing minutes might go up.
Luka / Brunson / THJ played the same minutes vs. the Knicks (13 min) than in the last 5 games before combined.

If the reason one of Brunson/DFS is dealt is luxury tax (Fisher intel?), just try to salary dump THJ and pay both ...
[-] The following 1 user Likes sefant's post:
  • BackToSquareOne
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by Kammrath - 08-10-2021, 10:23 AM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons prefers DAL/GSW | JC 'frustrated' in ATL | TDL: Feb 10, 2 pm - by sefant - 01-14-2022, 04:24 AM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:21 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:35 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 05:48 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by SkenfromLMF - 02-10-2022, 05:46 PM