Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over
(01-12-2022, 06:20 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I am terrified that Simmons wants to be in Dallas.

Mostly because if he gets here and still exhibits the same issues (which he most likely will), and the Mavs have to kowtow to protect his image, he will be the most untradeable asset in the league. No one will want to touch him with a 10ft pole and if they do it's because the Mavs are throwing assets into the pile.

This. People are hoping he'll come here and suddenly do a 180 personality-wise and become a guy who is happy setting picks and being a roll man when he clearly sees himself as a point guard.

His primary motivation right now is to get out of Philly at whatever cost. He will say and do whatever he needs to to get out of there. If we traded for him, I'm sure he would say all the right things at first but I have absolutely no doubt that all his old issues will pop back up pretty quickly.

He's already shown willingness to throw away an entire season because the coach hurt his feefees. I don't trust a guy like that to ever care about anything other than himself. What I think would happen is we would end up blowing all of our assets on him only for him to continue to shrink in the playoffs and eventually clash with Luka over who gets to handle the ball more. Then we'd be stuck with him and his massive contract or be forced to trade him for pennies on the dollar.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by Kammrath - 08-10-2021, 10:23 AM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons prefers DAL/GSW | JC 'frustrated' in ATL | TDL: Feb 10, 2 pm - by sterlingmallory - 01-12-2022, 06:40 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:21 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:35 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 05:48 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by SkenfromLMF - 02-10-2022, 05:46 PM