Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over
(01-12-2022, 02:30 PM)sefant Wrote: THJ is coming off the bench, will you bring Harris and his 35-40 mill off the bench too? Harris defensive metrics aint looking any better compared to THJ so far.

I mentioned it somewhere in the Kidd thread, currently the trifecta of defensive evil Luka - THJ - Brunson, barely seeing minutes together on the floor. They are also negative in the 14 minutes, despite going 5-0 in the last 5 games. Ok Luka missed a game, tho essentially 4 games. The sample sizes aren't big, but its something to watch for in the next few weeks.

Its way too early, but it seems coaching staff found ways to use THJ better. If you want to be a THJ hater, you could say they found ways to minimize his damage Big Grin
You could argue THJ isn't good enough to adjust the lineups for him. But unless the rotation is pure luck by the coaching staff they are trying to go with more defense around THJ.

I don't see Harris as an ideal fit with Luka and nor you can start Luka/Brunson with Harris, if your goal is top 10 (5) defense longterm. And a 35 mill bench player is gross. Harris has lowkey had a terrible year. Mavs already made the mistake once, to think a former Sixers will look better due to Luka. His contract is Westbrook back. No way you trade for Harris. Mavs would be the laughing stock of the league, if it doesn't work out.
THJ also had better playoffs compared to Harris imo. Harris poor playoffs going unnoticed due to the Simmons drama.

I would also say THJ had better playoffs compared to Harris. And Clippers are way better than the Hawks/Knicks.

Good stuff.  The quibble I have here is Harris is replacing Powell in the starting lineup.  So, the proper trade-off is how much that hurts the D among your starters vs. how much it helps your O.  The opinions regarding Powell's D are wide ranging and the stats are not exactly conclusive.  Harris can create his own shot and distribute.  Maybe the D suffers, but the offense is more diverse and it will be really difficult to play off of any of Harris, KP, Luka or Brunson.

On the bench, you are adding Powell and creating more time for Green (both help the D).  I think DGreen and Bullock are roughly a wash.  We don't platoon so you have to think of lineups always having one of the PG's, but for comparison sake, is column one an improvement over column two or not in terms of your top nine?

Powell       KP
KP            Harris
DFS          DFS
Luka         Luka
Brunson    Brunson

Maxi         Powell
THJ          Maxi
JGreen     JGreen
Bullock     DGreen
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by Kammrath - 08-10-2021, 10:23 AM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons out | JC 'frustrated' in ATL | TDL: Feb 10, 2 pm - by DanSchwartzgan - 01-12-2022, 03:03 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:21 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:35 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 05:48 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by SkenfromLMF - 02-10-2022, 05:46 PM