Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over
(01-12-2022, 01:06 PM)mvossman Wrote: I'm not really an advocate for this trade because I'm not sure how good a fit Harris is and not sure he is worth the extra cap/tax hit.

But I also think there has been a little too much emphasis on "consummate teammate" with this FO and not enough on talent.  We have been overpaying for guys like Powell and THJ because they are great teammates, but this team is hurting for talent and has done very little to improve it the last three years.  I'm more than ready to trade out "teammate" (Powell/THJ) for more talent.

I used to be in that boat and let’s just get talent in here and we will figure out the rest.  I am still in that boat but that talent level has to be much better for me to just ignore chemistry. 

Tobias always has great numbers and got great contracts but his career to me seems like a tease. I honestly can’t remember a single game where I felt Tobias was carrying his team. THJ definitely is an inferior talent and maddeningly inconsistent but when hot he has carried this team quite a few games. 

I agree with you that whenever we talk upgrades we immediately focus on the flaws and engage in paralysis by analysis. At the same time we sometimes tend to overrate folks on other teams and not look at their flaws even though they are staring us in the face and assuming that being here will eliminate those flaws. KP comes predominantly to mind. 

With Green vs Bullock, I don’t really think either is clearly better than the other talent wise, and I still remember how Green turned us down recently . Not that high on getting folks who chose not to come here when they had a chance.
[-] The following 1 user Likes hakeemfaan's post:
  • Mapka
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by Kammrath - 08-10-2021, 10:23 AM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons out | JC 'frustrated' in ATL | TDL: Feb 10, 2 pm - by hakeemfaan - 01-12-2022, 02:04 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:21 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:35 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 05:48 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by SkenfromLMF - 02-10-2022, 05:46 PM