Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over
(12-27-2021, 11:58 AM)mvossman Wrote: See I was thinking he was a bit overrated.  I don't really think he is a stud defender.  I think he is a lot like DFS in that he is a little above average with versatility being his biggest strength.  He is a quality starter and would be a good fit on the team.  Just don't know that I want to pay 2 firsts for a one year rental of him.  I don't see this team being a contender next year and that is the kind of a move a potential contender would make.

I tend to agree.   Grant was better than I expected last year.   Before getting injured, I believe his play had slipped this year.  Now playing for a doormat may be one of those reasons.  But when I envision a final piece, I am looking for someone a little higher tier.   I am not certain Grant is a surefire 2.5 player on a championship team.  And we need a 2 or a 2.5 depending on how you view KP future here.   

The reason I am hesitant to go all in now is 1) it is a sellers market now and prices are elevated and 2) I am still not certain at what we have only to know we need more talent.   

So short term, I think internal development needs to be the focus.   Get the players back to playing their previous levels and improve on your younger players.  That won't make us a serious contender but it puts us in a much better place of winning more games and having more attractive assets.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • mvossman
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by Kammrath - 08-10-2021, 10:23 AM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons out for mental health | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - by Chicagojk - 12-27-2021, 12:10 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:21 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:35 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 05:48 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by SkenfromLMF - 02-10-2022, 05:46 PM