Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over
(12-26-2021, 11:46 AM)mvossman Wrote: That is a good team, but I don't think its a contender.  With three poor defenders (Luka/THJ/Brunson), no elite defenders, and very limited rim protection, its hard to see that team being more than average defensively.

I think you remove KP out of equation which makes building around Luka much easier, imho. I think building a respectable defense with Luka-KP is very difficult and leaves no space for guys like Brunson and THJ. With KP out, you can play a switch heavy defense at all times and the team can survive one of Brunson or THJ on court with them. I think Powell/Kleber would be totally fine at center, with Powell taking more minutes in regular season and Kleber having the heavy load in playoffs. DFS is your point of attack defender and Grant has best wing. Enough wings to throw against teams like Clippers.

(12-26-2021, 11:46 AM)mvossman Wrote: I just don't see Cuban trading all of his picks and going deep into tax for a player unless he is a "star", and Grant does not fall into that category.

With the KP-Bullock-Green for Hayward-Grant the Mavs get to 141 before DFS/Brunson. No realistic way to avoid tax other than letting Brunson/DFS walk. However, both Grant and Hayward (and Powell and Kleber) expire a season after, so Mavs could get out of tax if needed. I think there is very little possibility for Mavs to stay competitive and avoid paying tax. Cuban will have to open his pockets. At least this way they are competitive, imho.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by Kammrath - 08-10-2021, 10:23 AM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons out for mental health | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - by omahen - 12-26-2021, 12:22 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:21 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:35 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 05:48 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by SkenfromLMF - 02-10-2022, 05:46 PM