Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over
(12-22-2021, 02:08 PM)aguiar95 Wrote: If we are entering the trade KP island, it's just very difficult to find partners who are actually interested in trading FOR Porzingis. With better options like Turner, Sabonis, Wood and Nurkic available offers would be very few and bad. The ones I could see going after him are:

CHA (Hayward?); - They absolutely need to address the center position if they want to compete.

SAC: (Hield + Bagley?); - Higher ceiling on a guard oriented team, opening the lane more for Fox/Haliburton.

SAS: (Poeltl + White?); - Higher ceiling on a wing oriented team, would add some needed offense.

Those are probably it. My best bet is we'll keep him for lack of decent offers and try to find a trade of:

Thimothy (unlikely because the morons like his "leadership");

OR

Powell/Bullock/Cauley-Stein (for someone in a bad contract that can at least play some positive good minutes for us).

I still like the Bamba/Harris/Magic 2nd round pick package.

Gary Harris has shown some signs of life lately. 14/4/2 with 50/43/77 shooting over the last 10 games as a starter. Magic went 2-8, but he was a net positive in six games, so still seems to be an impact player on defense. You get him in here, probably a decent chance to re-sign him for 18/3 or something to come off the bench. Still only 27 years old.

Mo Bamba is a restricted FA. I´d retain his services and make him compete with a rookie C Mark Williams (our projected pick range). No big investments at C. Add one veteran. Just guys that can defend, rebound and finish at the rim. Bamba even shooting a respectable 33% from three. The big money commitment needs to be made elsewhere.

We really should have let THJ walk and go hard after Markkanen/Collins. They´d be a perfect front-court fit with somebody like Bamba.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by Kammrath - 08-10-2021, 10:23 AM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons out for mental health | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - by Mavs2021 - 12-22-2021, 02:19 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:21 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:35 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 05:48 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by SkenfromLMF - 02-10-2022, 05:46 PM