Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over
(12-21-2021, 06:07 AM)RedFlag41 Wrote: Since many Mavs fans seem to want to blow the team up or have a major shake up happen. I was wondering, would you trade JB, KP for Ben Simmons?

I don't think I would.  There are a large number of reasons why that I won't get into right now.  Suffice it to say that I'm tired of bringing in troublesome players that don't put out the effort or have psychological problems.  This doesn't mean I'm not open to trading JB and KP.

When healthy KP is a very good player.  He has some bad habits and unrealistic expectations of who and what he is on the floor, but...he is pretty good.  Unfortunately he is always going to have injury problems and must be time managed and cared for like a porcelain doll.  I would do my best to manage his health, and show place him for a trade.  Probably for a loss, but if managed right, could foster some good will with a few other teams.  The MAVS need some of that good will...

JB is UFA for 2022.  I seriously doubt that the MAVS can afford to retain him...or should retain him.  Good ball handler, penetrates well, plays great in the paint, can do double duty as a point guard...but seems to be best as a shooting guard....off the bench.  Though he tries very hard...is limited on defense.  We need to trade him while we can rather than letting him go for a bag of potato chips...

The new and revamped MBT needs to make some precise, judicious, intelligent moves through trades and draft.  I continue to say that, at the moment, the team needs to be built around a single person--Luka.  That is not ideal.  We should have 2 or 3 players that are cornerstones of the build.  I see no reason why the team can't be held at a high level year after year through good trades and drafting.  It would be interesting to study the people who really are responsible for managing a high level team.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by Kammrath - 08-10-2021, 10:23 AM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons out for mental health | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - by ballsrchr - 12-21-2021, 09:32 AM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:21 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:35 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 05:48 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by SkenfromLMF - 02-10-2022, 05:46 PM