Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over
(12-14-2021, 12:53 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I see what you're saying, but I just can't get there. 

I don't like Grant at the 3 nearly as much as I like him at the 4, and ditto that for sliding DFS out of position. 

It's really all about KP, which sucks, imo. Deciding what position he plays (and being brave enough to play him there) is STILL the most pressing need of this team, imo. If, of course, the plan is to keep him here.

I agree with you. CHaving one team for regular season and another for playoffs is super hard to build. One way could be to have that center spot locked for close to vet min (as Lakers had with JaVale and Howard) and you optimize the other four starters. You can't afford to have an expensive/good guy from bench. In any case it would be Bullock out because Luka-Bullock-DFS-KP is not good enough. So if PF is not your target, than Mavs would have to go after a guard. Which automatically means Brunson is out of the picture for next season (but it doesn't really matter if we are including him in Grant trade anyway). 

Westbrook could be a target as it would certainly teach Luka to play offball Smile

On a more serious note, no one listed so far really fits the 3-D can create a bit for himself guard description, unless you trade for Irving.
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by Kammrath - 08-10-2021, 10:23 AM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons out for mental health | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - by omahen - 12-14-2021, 01:00 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:21 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:35 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 05:48 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by SkenfromLMF - 02-10-2022, 05:46 PM