Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over
(12-14-2021, 11:59 AM)Kammrath Wrote: YES, YES, YES. Holmes would be such a great fit with Luka both offensively and defensively. I don't complain about offseasons too much, but not pursuing RH still REALLY frustrates me especially since the Mavs are trying to play another big with KP.

Yeah, for sure. 

I keep seeing suggestions for Grant. I'd LOVE that, and have been on the Grant wagon since he was a free agent. He's one of the few players I believe could be a perfect front court partner for KP. But...

...you're absolutely right. If the Mavs insist on playing Porzingis with a center for significant minutes, then the upgrade needed isn't at the 4 (Kleber is a luxury off the bench, imo) it's at the 5, replacing the minutes of both Powell and WCS. 

The question is whether they want to add another player at the Holmes price point, or if they want to go cheaper. I could make an argument either way. I think we've seen enough by now to know that regardless of how they want to start games, they're going to end games with one big. Is it worth paying Holmes not to finish games? Would he be happy in that situation? Not sure. 

Also, how seriously are we taking this Brown thing? If he can continue to grow (I'm not sure, but I'm starting to believe) then that could be a much more economically viable solution. 

I think it's pretty imperative that Powell is removed from the books at the deadline, either way. I'm pretty worried about the Brunson/DFS thing. Show me a deal for an impact player (not a 5) and I might feel better, but right now, I think all roads lead to them just walking in FA next summer, and that's going to drive me insane.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by Kammrath - 08-10-2021, 10:23 AM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons out for mental health | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - by KillerLeft - 12-14-2021, 12:43 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:21 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:35 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 05:48 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by SkenfromLMF - 02-10-2022, 05:46 PM