Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over
(12-06-2021, 05:12 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: To be clear, I think Kidd has figured this out, and the current lineup experimentation is just him trying to find a means to "load manage" Porzingis. Not a terrible thought.

I definitely think this is the case, especially when you look at Powell's minutes slowly moving down from the start to the year to now (minus weird games with guys out and stuff).

What's so weird to me is that I feel like KP is actually fine as a 4 as long as he's ok with the role of floor spacer as to not get in the way of the pick and roll with Luka and whoever the 5 may be but that doesn't seem to be the case and he just goes out there and throws in random post ups when he shouldn't be.  There's so much opportunity for him to get more touches as the 5 in the pick and roll with Luka and when he's with Brunson he can be a little more assertive about getting post ups (which he's looked much better at this year than previous years).  To me this seems obvious and I don't understand why it's so hard to balance these things out.

The biggest surprise to me about KP this year at the 4 is his defense.  I thought he would be absolutely toasted out on the perimeter time and time again but it hasn't been super noticeable and I feel like playing the 4 actually HELPS his defense which I never thought I would say.  Putting him at the 4 keeps him out of the pick and roll where he struggles and allows him to protect the rim from the weakside where he thrives.

Just kind of a mini KP rant, not even sure if I'm on topic at this point.  Also, having said all this, we'll have to play KP at the 5 in the playoffs and even when we aren't teams will hunt him in the pick and roll anyway because it's the playoffs so....I'm still very ok (more than that honestly) trading him.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by Kammrath - 08-10-2021, 10:23 AM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons out for mental health | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - by StrandedOnBeauboisHill - 12-06-2021, 05:22 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:21 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:35 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 05:48 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by SkenfromLMF - 02-10-2022, 05:46 PM