Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over
(11-26-2021, 07:04 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Asuming that Cuban isn´t playing games and KP is part of the longterm plans the Mavs options are limited. I guess they are still waiting for a potential Dragic buyout.
In my opinion that is the right direction if they want to get the best possible results in the next two seasons. If Dragic stays in Toronto the next best (in my opinion better) option is Rubio. In a trade or as a MLE (rMLE, tax player MLE) next summer.
What would the Mavs need to add in a Rubio for Burke + Powell scenario? Salary works. Mavs can throw in a couple of 2nds and/or take back some additional longterm salary (Osman?).

Rubio or Dragic in combination with a minor move for a player that gets all WCS/Powell minutes is my best case scenario. Maybe Theis into the TPE, Rockets really don´t need a MLE veteran in his late 20s/early 30s).

But it really depends on Cuban´s willingness to pay the tax. If they want to stay under the tax line they cannot add any longterm salary. Especially if they want to keep Brunson and/or DFS.

I know this may be just emotional bias, but it just seems that ANY FREAKIN' PLAYER in the world that's decent can get a buyout all over the place....EXCEPT when the Mavs want the player.

I mean, loads of players who are really good can get a buyout if they want to go play with some particular player, but if you want to go play with Luka and the Mavs...NOOOoooooooooooooo, no can do...
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
[-] The following 1 user Likes TXBamanut's post:
  • BasketballJones41
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by Kammrath - 08-10-2021, 10:23 AM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons out for mental health | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - by TXBamanut - 11-27-2021, 10:59 AM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:21 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:35 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 05:48 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by SkenfromLMF - 02-10-2022, 05:46 PM