Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over
(11-21-2021, 12:41 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Out of Augustin/FN/Bullock/Maxi/WCS who is expected to generate shots consistently the same level as Brunson?

No one, of course. But it is a two step improvement process. In the first step I improve the starting unit and improve bench in the summer. Augustin is just to have at least one pure PG for half a season. Before we find a permanent solution in the summer. Of course this is with a bit of speculation, that Brunson wants to be a lead guard, so Mavs would be removing the risk of him going in the summer for nothing. 

(11-21-2021, 12:41 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: If there was a way to include Eric Gordon then my interest is piqued.

I was thinking about that too, but it would take difficult salary decisions. We would need to add at least two more players, one of them being Bullock or Kleber. And I guess Houston is counting to get at least some assets for Gordon remaining year after this season. 

(11-21-2021, 12:41 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Here's a pie in the sky 3 team trade:

Pistons get: Bullock/WCS/DFS 
Rockets get: Powell/Brunson
Mavs get: Wood/Grant

Mavs send out a 2027 first to Detroit and a couple seconds to Houston. 

That would be awesome. I am affraid price for Wood would be 2 first rounders. But even with that I would pull the trigger, that would be an awesome win now move. Add a couple of decent pieces in the summer and Mavs can become contenders. Detroit has little to nothing use of the expiring DFS, but perhaps a third team with protected first rounder could get included. For example Bullock and DFS to NY for Fournier and a pick. 

Mavs this season would be:

Luka-THJ-Grant-Wood-KP
FN-Brown-Green-Maxi-Bobi/Brown (I guess also some other min contract pieces would be involved from Detroit and Houston)
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by Kammrath - 08-10-2021, 10:23 AM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons out for mental health | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - by omahen - 11-21-2021, 01:45 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:21 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:35 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 05:48 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by SkenfromLMF - 02-10-2022, 05:46 PM