Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over
(11-11-2021, 02:53 AM)Mikelo Wrote: I would make that change..I love Brunson..but undersized, dubious defense and expiring guards..has limited value..also KP has negative value and 76ers have Embiid / Dru on 5 and Harris / Niang on the 4th ... why would they want to eat KP's albatross contract? ... I'm not sure that deal is very realistic ...
would do ....
Jalen / THJ / DFS / Dallas 25 for Simoms / Green (TPE)
without thinking. Ben is the best defender in the league and a 3 times allstar .. (even an idiot) would raise the roof of this team ... I think he would be great playing 4/5 (small ball) he is an extraordinary passer and super athletic .. Obviously it would require more moves to balance the list .. (Ross / EGordon / KWilliams / Hield / Forbes / Kennard / Lamb /Augustin...)

Luka / Green / Bullock / Simons / KP as a starting point is quite elitist (in my opinion)

Nice try. 
Quote:Jalen / THJ / DFS / Dallas 25 for Simoms / Green (TPE)

That's a pretty good effort at finding a trade combination that has any chance of even getting discussed. 
Ben Simmons is not a fit per say with Luka on paper and KP is even less of a fit per say with Embiid/Harris which is Philly's core and where their salary cap is centered other than Simmons. 

You have a point though on talent.  For Dallas this probably-never-happen trade would be a get the raw proven talent on the roster then worry about fit later type of deal.  As much as there are big concerns around Ben, you could consider where the Mavericks stand right now and pull the trigger.  

For Philly, those 3 could be seen as fitting although there's not a star difference maker in there. A quality young PG, solid veteran 2 guard and veteran small forward + a pick, probably one player more than they need but it should get a listen from Daryl Morey. 

The Mavericks look capped around Luka/KP without a legit All star player besides Luka.  One all star in today's game is almost a kiss of death in terms of getting to real title contention.  

As bad as the recent noise around Simmons is, his 4 year run as an actual player consists of 
  • Rookie of the Year, 
  • 3 times straight NBA All star, 
  • An All NBA 
  • 1st team All NBA defensive team then DPOY runner up, 
  • Point guard for a team that made the playoffs every year he played 
  • Point guard led his team to a 1st place regular season finish in the EC. 

25 years old.  Luka would likely have to morph his game to accommodate Ben as a playmaker because Luka is rounded enough to be able to do so, Ben is not.   So yeah, in reality, Kidd would have to be a coach of the year candidate to make the personalities work, but he would have Luka/Ben/KP as a talent base and that's not nothing.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by Kammrath - 08-10-2021, 10:23 AM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons out for mental health | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - by Dahlsim - 11-11-2021, 08:46 AM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:21 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:35 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 05:48 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by SkenfromLMF - 02-10-2022, 05:46 PM