Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over
(11-10-2021, 06:04 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: I mean so far the benchmark isn´t exactly high. Play in more than 50% of games. Play solid defense. Simmons is without a doubt even better than the current engaged version of KP on defense. Provide more than 14ppg on 35/25/80 splits on offense.
And the crazy part is that people are already happy with his performance. According to the majority of this board that´s an improvement compared to last season.

Now don´t get me wrong. I have seen some flashes. If KP stays healthy, gets it all together and is willing to accepts a lesser role on offense he could be great.
Question is what is the more likely scenario. That happening or Simmons getting over his mental issues? If I am being honest I don´t think that either scenario is very likely.

I'm not saying it's high and if we can trade him for something better, I'm all for it...but I just don't think Simmons is it.  I think at his worst, he wasn't near what Philly has had to deal with.  I think KP is much more likely than Simmons...I don't think Simmons will happen at all.  We are talking about a guy who has basically regressed yearly in the one area that the league has yearly moved toward....that's significant to me, far beyond any question with KP, really separate from teh KP situation.

AT this point, I see KP's physical health as a better chance of holding up than Simmons mental situation.  That's not about KP, but a baseline to see how I feel about him.  If the Mavs trade for him, I'll cheer for him and back him up, but I won't be feeling good about it until I see some serious proof.
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by Kammrath - 08-10-2021, 10:23 AM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons out for mental health | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - by TXBamanut - 11-10-2021, 07:42 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:21 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:35 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 05:48 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by SkenfromLMF - 02-10-2022, 05:46 PM