Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over
(11-10-2021, 10:55 AM)fifteenth Wrote: If I knew that Simmons would come here and that being away from Philly would fix all his STUFF then I might want him. But that's a big if. With all of his STUFF, I'd rather have Brunson.

I don't think it's an "IF" at all.  I dont' think he ever becomes a quarter of his potential after this.  This is a really big deal psychologically, and I'm not really buying into the mental health angle from him.

This isn't Frankie who never got a break, never got his shot, bringing a parade of middling vets in to new coach didn't want him and new regime...hard working kid, coachable, good attitude.

This is a guy who's been handed stuff, given stuff, coddled, been begged to just work on a shot with a serious defect in his psyche about the shot.  We aren't talking about someone reluctant to shoot, we are talking about a guy who just flat won't do it...and why?  Because he's afraid he'll miss.
It's gone to the mid range, now the FT line and last year, not even a freakin' layup.

If we had an overabundance of assets and redundancy at positions, like OKC with 1st rounders, I'd take a flier, but in our situation where we have minimal assets to trade, and a roster that has very little roster redundancy...no freakin' way.  That's a gigantic lottery ticket hoping for the powerball type of risk.

People that clamor to trade KP for Ben Simmons are like people who think Alabama is too hot and decide to move to South America....and set themselves on fire...in a sauna suit.
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
[-] The following 1 user Likes TXBamanut's post:
  • Arioch
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by Kammrath - 08-10-2021, 10:23 AM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons out for mental health | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - by TXBamanut - 11-10-2021, 05:12 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:21 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:35 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 05:48 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by SkenfromLMF - 02-10-2022, 05:46 PM