Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over
I think the Sixers did as expected and did not cave into demands with a player with 4 years left on his contract.  Right now they are not in a strong position and the league knows it.   I will be surprised if Simmons is with the team a year from now.

As reports indicate, I think Lilliard and Beal are the two targets for Morey.  I think Lilliard is a long shot, but I do think Beal could be interesting if Washington gets off to a slow start.   Washington made a lot of moves and they clearly think of themselves as a playoff team.   I could see them as a 6-7 seed, but I can also things getting really bad.   I could see Simmons as an attractive target if Washington decides to blow things up.   Although, other teams may have younger, cheaper assets that Washington may value more.  

The fun happens now of putting Simmons back into that fanbase for the short term.   Does Simmons play to his potential or does he do the James Harden?   Is he a good soldier or does he drop quotes saying how he wants to be somewhere else soon.   How does the rabid Philly fanbase treat him?   

In all likelihood he comes back and plays pretty well and raises his trade value a little.  Whether it is enough to get a top 15 player is to be determined.   And what happens if Morey can't get a top 15-20 player for him?
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by Kammrath - 08-10-2021, 10:23 AM
RE: 2021 NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons starts working out with PHI - by Chicagojk - 10-13-2021, 10:05 AM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:21 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:35 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 05:48 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by SkenfromLMF - 02-10-2022, 05:46 PM