Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over
(10-07-2021, 05:24 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Would you try and cash in whatever assets the Mavs have left for Sabonis?

Perhaps even a KP trade?

How do you think a KP+Sabonis front court would fair? 

Me personally I think Sabonis is one of the few bigs that would work well next to KP. He can roll, pass, and even shoot a little. Especially from mid range.

Only reason why I bring it up is because the Mavs role players carry some special value given that RC is there. Powell, Kleber, and Brunson could be seen as a higher value to him than to another team. Add on the necessary draft compensation and perhaps you have a strong package for Sabonis.

I can easily imagine the offensive fit. In all mentioned scenarios my main concern would be the defensive end. Even if KP improves I would prefer to have a better defender next to him. Ideally someone that can defend the perimeter. Sabonis is basically the worst case scenario when it comes to bigmen defense. No rim protection. No perimeter defense.
Reasoning in a KP for Sabonis scenario is similar. Maybe he adds another dimension to the offense but I really don´t want a net negative at the most important defensive position in the game. That´s the reason why I am so low on KP right now.

Also have to mention that the last two times I saw Sabonis play he was really bad on both ends. Borderline unplayable in the play-in tournament. Exposed by Luka and team Slovenia in the olympic qualifier.

Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by Kammrath - 08-10-2021, 10:23 AM
RE: 2021 NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons says he will not come to training camp in PHI - by dirkfansince1998 - 10-07-2021, 06:40 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:21 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:35 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 05:48 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by SkenfromLMF - 02-10-2022, 05:46 PM