Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over
(09-13-2021, 12:26 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Can the Wolves even trade this years first round pick?  Last years pick went to GS, so I believe they will need to wait for a year.

Philly is in win now mode.    They need to be.   I expect Morey calls Simmons bluff and he is not traded before the start of the season.  There doesn't appear to be any strong trade offers that keeps Philly as one of the title favorites.   That is what Philly need as you have no idea if Embid has 12 years of elite play due to some injury concerns.  

Morey needs some leverage.   The potential roadblocks are if Clutch really holds him out (he has 4 years left on his contract, so I have trouble thinking they will do this) or if Simmons play stinks to start the season.  The Philly crowd will be rough on him either way, but will be ruthless if he plays like playoff Simmons.   

Morey gets some leverage if Simmons plays ok, and a team like Washington gets off to a slow start.   Or if Sacramento tanks quickly to start the season.  Or if the Bulls signings do not make them a top 5-6 team early in the season.   Or if Toronto decides to make more changes.   Or if Dame situation blows up.   Etc.   Morey is counting on one of these and who knows what else happens 15-20 games into the season.   Right now, most teams have positive thoughts of their offseasons....reality will hit soon for some.  I think this will be the most likely trade timeline for Simmons.

I can see some weird three-team-trade, where one team does some real stupid s***. I hope, it's not us.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by Kammrath - 08-10-2021, 10:23 AM
RE: 2021 NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons says he will not come to training camp in PHI - by Mapka - 09-13-2021, 12:51 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:21 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:35 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 05:48 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by SkenfromLMF - 02-10-2022, 05:46 PM