Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over
(09-08-2021, 01:58 PM)michaeltex Wrote: Can I play Devil's Advocate on Green for a minute?

I don't get the reluctance to trade him. He's a FRP that maybe was taken a little early, depending on who you want to listen to. Athleticism and 6'10" wingspan are the attributes that got him selected as a possible 3-D guy. Hasn't shown enough in either phase to warrant all this attachment, IMO. Shooting stats were abysmal in limited play last season, but they weren't spectacular at AZ to begin with. At his position, if you can't shoot reliably, you are not going to have an opportunity to show your defensive ability, except in limited situations. Probably should have stayed in college for another season or two, but saw a chance at a payday (although I can't fault him for that).

DAL has pretty much sucked at drafting, Dirk and Luka aside, and the 2020 draftees aren't inspiring anyone. I've seen depth charts here that slot Green in as the backup to THJ, but I cringe at the thought. He could barely get off the bench in the Olympics where he was slotted at the #3 shooting guard for Australia behind Dante Exum (OK, there) and 32-year old Chris Goulding. 

Sorry, but right now I just see Josh Green as an asset for building the team we want instead of the team we have.

Agree that Green and his value has been heavily overstated around here, though I haven’t given up.

Agree that moving him in the right deal, while he still has a bit of unknown promise, is probably going to look like the right way to go in hindsight a few years from now. No objection to viewing him that way at all.

I THINK the majority of the opposition to considering him as a throw-in for Dragic is the age of the players in question. Dragic is the right player for this team, but he won’t be for very long, and is at an age where we can’t even confidently predict he’ll be healthy and effective for this season’s playoffs. I think people are just sick of throwing young players in the dirt, so much so that even guys like Green seem to be prized assets.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Jmaciscool
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by Kammrath - 08-10-2021, 10:23 AM
RE: 2021 NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons says he will not come to training camp in PHI - by KillerLeft - 09-08-2021, 06:17 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:21 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:35 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 05:48 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by SkenfromLMF - 02-10-2022, 05:46 PM