Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over
Philly has to clean up the roster. Embiid/Simmons is a horrible fit. Add Harris and it gets even worse. Two guys that like to operate in the ellbow area and create a lot of their offense in face up or post up situations. A primary ballhandler that cannot shoot and needs the ball in his hands with the max amount of space in the paint to create offense for himself and others.

It´s never going to work and they should have traded one of them last summer. I am pretty sure that Morey has similar thoughts. He already identified the biggest need and stole Curry from the Mavs. Traded Horford to the Thunder. Tried to bring in more shooting and add guys that don´t need the ball.
A team with Simmons needs a Luka like build. Shooting all around. Ideally a stretch big or at least a good rim runner at center. A team with Embiid needs a floor general that can also play off the ball. Lowry would have been great for 76ers. I think a Lillard/Embiid pairing would end up like Harden/Howard. One guy with the ball in his hands creating from the perimeter. The other asking for post touches but not getting them. No real two-man game.

Not sure where Harris fits. Feels like I am watching a player from another era. Takes nearly half of his shot attempts from midrange. If he wants to fit next to another "star" player he needs to make some adjustments. More 3-point volume off the ball. Can still create for himself when the co-star is on the bench.

Curry, Korkmaz and Green are the best complementary pieces they have. Shooting, defense and some playmaking. They probably beat the Hawks with a healthy Green.

Not sure about the rest of the roster. Maxey and Thybull cannot shoot. The Thybull-Howard minutes killed them in the series against the Hawks. Now they replaced Howard with Drummond. Not sure how that is going to change anything. I guess they can hope for internal improvement. Maybe one of them develops a 3.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by Kammrath - 08-10-2021, 10:23 AM
RE: 2021 NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons says he will not come to training camp in PHI - by dirkfansince1998 - 09-01-2021, 11:16 AM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:21 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:35 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 05:48 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by SkenfromLMF - 02-10-2022, 05:46 PM