Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over
I think Simmons can be salvaged.  I think the situation in Philly is fascinating.   Philly is in a win now move so any move they make needs to not be a step back.  For all his shortcomings, his peak level of play is very good.   I am sure Morey was hoping to land either Beal or Lillard.   The issue is neither is available now and in time a few other teams may be able to beat their offer.   If they could rehab Simmons a little to start the season, they would be able to stay in a pretty good spot for a big trade later.  The big elephant in the room is what would happen if Simmons and his agent didn't let this happen and caused a mess.   Both Morey and Rich Paul are strong minded and this could get real interesting.

For me, I was hoping Simmons wound up in Toronto.  I think that team could really do wonders for him.  The issue is Philly was supposedly was looking for a crazy return for Toronto.   I am not sure if there is a real fit there that keeps Philly in contention.   Siakem maybe but he plays the same position as Tobias.   I do think Simmons is the big move that Masai is looking for.    Although the same issue that will play out between Morey and Paul is true with Morey and Masai as well.  Neither guy likes to give anything away.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by Kammrath - 08-10-2021, 10:23 AM
RE: 2021 NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons says he will not come to training camp in PHI - by Chicagojk - 09-01-2021, 10:37 AM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:21 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:35 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 05:48 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by SkenfromLMF - 02-10-2022, 05:46 PM