Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over
(01-22-2022, 10:21 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: It's all speculation (of course), but I think they'd prefer that to what they're getting offered for him now, yeah. If he comes back this year maybe it works out, or maybe they can at least get some better offers for him over the summer. 

It's what I'd want in their shoes.

I'm thinking that they don't want Simmons coming back at all and have a deal (or deals) close enough to what they want that they could take it, possibly with Sac.

I think Morey's basically giving an update on price (since other teams can ascertain what Sacramento could possibly offer) which might entice more teams to bid if they have an equivalent package that they might otherwise not have thought adequate.

Plus if Sac (or any other team) does have an offer on the table it's a good way to nudge their offer up a little bit to hopefully close the deal before other teams swoop in.

That's my take at least which means it's probably way off!   Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jmaciscool's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
What would be a good return for Jalen Brunson if he is traded?

Would you guys trade Jalen Brunson and THJ for Evan Fournier?
Like Reply
(01-23-2022, 01:25 AM)RedFlag41 Wrote: Would you guys trade Jalen Brunson and THJ for Evan Fournier?

No. I'm not sure I'd trade THJ for Fournier straight up. 

Brunson is worth 10x more than Fournier, imo.
[-] The following 3 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • ItsGoTime, Scott41theMavs, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(01-23-2022, 01:25 AM)RedFlag41 Wrote: What would be a good return for Jalen Brunson if he is traded?

Would you guys trade Jalen Brunson and THJ for Evan Fournier?

No shot am I trading Jalen for anything less than a perennial all-star at this point. That's Brunson's impact to this team.

The deal that keeps circulating in my head is centered around Brunson+KP for Jaylen Brown+Horford
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • Paul Gasol
Like Reply
(01-22-2022, 05:04 PM)vfromlmf Wrote: Simmons + Harris --> SAC

Barnes + Hield + Halliburton + pick(s) --> PHI

Holmes --> DAL (TPE)

Holmes would cost a significant amount to be added as the tip. 

But... I like Tobias Harris. So 

KP + Tim to Sac

Harris and Holmes to Dallas. Dallas gets bigger with another forward body replacing THJ which opens up the backcourt for Luka/JB and another guard - Frank N.

I am not a trade KP (or THJ) guy, but I could  live with something like this. Crazy next level stuff - IF Holmes fits within the existing TPE and KP works for Harris - THJ's salary becomes a new TPE.
[-] The following 2 users Like SkenfromLMF's post:
  • fifteenth, Paul Gasol
Like Reply
How about Jalen Brunson for Immanuel Quickley?
Like Reply
(01-23-2022, 06:16 AM)RedFlag41 Wrote: How about Jalen Brunson for Immanuel Quickley?

It seems like you have a pretty low opinion of Brunson. What is it you don't like about his game?
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • burekemde, fifteenth
Like Reply
Luka and Brunson are IMO the key for us winning and our positive record. With the two on our roster, we will always, as minimum be a playoff team and stay competitive.
[-] The following 1 user Likes burekemde's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
I don't have a low opinion of Brunson. Just gauging what you guys think his trade value is compared to what fans of other teams think what they will trade for him.

I view him as the second most valuable player for the Mavs right now. But, I also read about how he will be an UFA and will probably demand 20M/year contract. The reality is, the Mavs will probably would have to make a decision about his situation very soon. One choice is to get something in return for him instead of risking losing him for nothing. So, I am gauging what you think wpuld be the most realistic trade for him.

Of course, if we can trade him for Jaylen Brown or Anthony Davis, we would surely love that. But, that will no be realistic.
Like Reply
I know nothing about contracts and economic part of the NBA. Does anyone have an overview of how much players earn etc. where this is explained? Is 20 mill a lot or? How much does THJ earn? To me Brunson is all star level skill player, we are not in playoffs without Brunson.
Like Reply
Here are some potential offensive players (our offense stinks, every game I think we won't score past 105) with positive impact overall by most advanced metrics that can be targets come TDL:

PG: Jones (MEM)
SG: Levert (IND), White (SAS), McCollum (POR)
SF: Bogdanovic (UTA)
PF: Harris (PHI), Clarke (MEM), Collins (ATL)
C: Harrell (WAS), Nurkic (POR)

Here are some offensive gambles that are having bad years/injuries (negative impact) but have had positive impact last year that are available as well:

PG: Schroder (BOS), Wall (HOU), Walker (NYK)
SG: Huerter (ATL), Fournier (NYK), Clarkson (UTA)
SF: Ingles (UTA), Harris (BRO)
PF: Randle (NYK), Young (SAS), Gallinari (ATL), Boucher (TOR) 
C: Robinson (NYK), Olynyk (DET)
Like Reply
(01-23-2022, 06:16 AM)RedFlag41 Wrote: How about Jalen Brunson for Immanuel Quickley?

For me, it would take one of the Knicks young prospects and a 2023 pick to get me to move Brunson.  Another prerequisite for trading JB is I would want to immediately turn my newfound freedom to trade picks into a star.  I like and value JB.  He does have some limitations and I'm also more concerned about losing him for nothing than most.  But, this isn't about JB to NY.  It is about JB to NY as a precursor to a bigger deal.    

My list of "prospects" starts with Toppin who is currently stuck behind Randle because they don't fit well together.  I love the Long Term fit with KP.  If you do that, then the picks for star deal needs to be for a ball-handling guard/wing.  I like Quickley and see him growing into a very good sixth man.  If you do that, then the picks for star deal can be for a big.  I wouldn't rule that out, but you have to tell me what the second deal is so I can check on the fit with KP.  I might put Reddish on this list of "prospects" based on upside, but he hasn't shown nearly as much as the other two yet.  Therefore, the backside of the deal has to be even better (note he and Simmons are Rich Paul guys...hmmm.  And, yes, there are ways to do this without aggregating Reddish).

THJ and Maxi get you to the money needed to match any star under $37.9mm and you can now trade up to 3 picks (22, 24 & 26) plus the pick swaps that have been included in recent trades for stars.  And now I've "given away" two sacred cows in JB and Maxi.  Of course, I've also gotten a "star" and a prospect from NY.  The question isn't what was given up.  The question is:

Is JB/Maxi/THJ plus two picks (net since you got back 2023) worth Toppin and (fill in the blank star)

Is JB/Maxi/ThJ plus two picks (net since you got back 2023) worth Quickley and (fill in the blank star)

If we are being objective, it is impossible to say yes or no until you know the name of the star and how they might fit with Luka and KP.

Kyrie and Toppin?

Siakam and Quickley?

Simmons and either?

Beal and Toppin?

Collins and Quickley (but you keep Maxi and one of the picks)?

Grant and Quickley (but you keep Maxi and only trade one pick)?
[-] The following 2 users Like DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • fifteenth, KillerLeft
Like Reply
I like Jalen...but 20$?? by no means...he is a very good player, but with some obvious flaws...the past Playoffs were unplayable and I don't see how he would improve that...lack of size/athletics/Defense ...not a good fit for Luka in the long run(unless we get a DPOY favorite to compensate)... same opinion as before paying Tim 20,just look at the league..talented, small guards with iffy defense who get +20 are seen as bad contracts(Mccollum for example..and he's a better player by a mile) ... Brunson should get a contract similar to Rose/Clarksson...if he wants/can get more...trade him
Like Reply
I think I am fine pretty much standing pat at the trade deadline.  1) I am not sure there is a clear upgrade to be made that this time.  2) Typically big in-season moves don't make you substantially better during the year, so I would probably prefer to wait until the offseason where we are in a better asset position.  3) I believe any deal now, teams are going to ask for Josh Green.   I am not saying I won't move him,but I have liked what I have seen recently and he is a low cost asset now.   

I may be crazy, but I really liked the Chriss signing.  I am not surprised he has not been in the rotation with a full squad, but I think there is a solid chance in time he could be a consistent rotation piece once he learns more about our system.  I still think a unicorn PF type is our biggest need.  But if that player is not available now, I do think Chriss can help short term.

My biggest question is if Dragic is still a target?   If so, what is the plan to carve out enough minutes for him with our current roster.  It is a tight fit with our current roster, I think other teams may provide a clearer role than us.  Unless there is some kind of trade to move someone.
Like Reply
(01-23-2022, 09:53 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: For me, it would take one of the Knicks young prospects and a 2023 pick to get me to move Brunson.  Another prerequisite for trading JB is I would want to immediately turn my newfound freedom to trade picks into a star.  I like and value JB.  He does have some limitations and I'm also more concerned about losing him for nothing than most.  But, this isn't about JB to NY.  It is about JB to NY as a precursor to a bigger deal.    

My list of "prospects" starts with Toppin who is currently stuck behind Randle because they don't fit well together.  I love the Long Term fit with KP.  If you do that, then the picks for star deal needs to be for a ball-handling guard/wing.  I like Quickley and see him growing into a very good sixth man.  If you do that, then the picks for star deal can be for a big.  I wouldn't rule that out, but you have to tell me what the second deal is so I can check on the fit with KP.  I might put Reddish on this list of "prospects" based on upside, but he hasn't shown nearly as much as the other two yet.  Therefore, the backside of the deal has to be even better (note he and Simmons are Rich Paul guys...hmmm.  And, yes, there are ways to do this without aggregating Reddish).

THJ and Maxi get you to the money needed to match any star under $37.9mm and you can now trade up to 3 picks (22, 24 & 26) plus the pick swaps that have been included in recent trades for stars.  And now I've "given away" two sacred cows in JB and Maxi.  Of course, I've also gotten a "star" and a prospect from NY.  The question isn't what was given up.  The question is:

Is JB/Maxi/THJ plus two picks (net since you got back 2023) worth Toppin and (fill in the blank star)

Is JB/Maxi/ThJ plus two picks (net since you got back 2023) worth Quickley and (fill in the blank star)

If we are being objective, it is impossible to say yes or no until you know the name of the star and how they might fit with Luka and KP.

Kyrie and Toppin?

Siakam and Quickley?

Simmons and either?

Beal and Toppin?

Collins and Quickley (but you keep Maxi and one of the picks)?

Grant and Quickley (but you keep Maxi and only trade one pick)?

The only "star" I like is Siakam, but only as long as we have Brunson, so ...I´s rather not trade him at all.
Like Reply
(01-23-2022, 10:46 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: I think I am fine pretty much standing pat at the trade deadline.   

Here's another way of looking at this.  If you wait until the summer, you either lose one or both of JB and DFS, or you have $120mm committed multi-year to this five-some.  Is that a championship group?  Oh, BTW, there is another $30mm (taking you to $150mm) committed to Powell, Maxi and Bullock (though none of those are long term deals).  Does this seem realistic?  If not, what needs to change and to your point, when?

$35.7    Luka
$33.8    KP
$19.6    THJ
$20.0    Brunson
$12.0    DFS
Like Reply
(01-23-2022, 09:53 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: I love the Long Term fit with KP. 

KP?  Long term?

[Image: ElatedAnyEeve-size_restricted.gif]
[-] The following 3 users Like cow's post:
  • chaparral, fifteenth, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(01-23-2022, 11:56 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Here's another way of looking at this.  If you wait until the summer, you either lose one or both of JB and DFS, or you have $120mm committed multi-year to this five-some.  Is that a championship group?  Oh, BTW, there is another $30mm (taking you to $150mm) committed to Powell, Maxi and Bullock (though none of those are long term deals).  Does this seem realistic?  If not, what needs to change and to your point, when?

$35.7    Luka
$33.8    KP
$19.6    THJ
$20.0    Brunson
$12.0    DFS

I think the obvious choice is to move KP and or THJ.  That's just me though.  I doubt JB is taking a hometown discount to re-sign him. This is his 1st chance to get paid, and I believe he will by some team.  DFS might not ask for the moon, but you never know.  If they stand pat, it doesn't make them better to compete against the top teams in the West.
[-] The following 2 users Like HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • chaparral, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(01-23-2022, 11:56 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Here's another way of looking at this.  If you wait until the summer, you either lose one or both of JB and DFS, or you have $120mm committed multi-year to this five-some.  Is that a championship group?  Oh, BTW, there is another $30mm (taking you to $150mm) committed to Powell, Maxi and Bullock (though none of those are long term deals).  Does this seem realistic?  If not, what needs to change and to your point, when?

$35.7    Luka
$33.8    KP
$19.6    THJ
$20.0    Brunson
$12.0    DFS

I don´t know if Cuban wants or can pay the tax.
But if not, talking about staying competitive after this year is mood, so I would just take this team into one more postseason.

And if we really would have to save money, I would do it on THJ rather than DFS or Brunson.
Like Reply
(01-23-2022, 12:10 PM)cow Wrote: KP?  Long term?

[Image: ElatedAnyEeve-size_restricted.gif]

Have to say, I'm w/cow on this one.
Like Reply