Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over
(02-10-2022, 03:18 PM)TXBamanut Wrote: Dude, there were people on here proposing with a straight face a package iwth Davis Bertans and other Washington players (not Beal) for KP..I know because I gave them an crap load of grief on it...and they are hiding right now or hoping that I forgot who they were...but I didn't.

Doesn't mean the pros got the idea from here. Blame THEM, not your friends from this community.
Like Reply
(02-10-2022, 03:21 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: You told us that he would recover some value. Mavs should have traded him in the summer and be done with it. Instead we learned that you couldn´t have been more wrong. The team once again performed better without him (certainly did not fall apart) and now that we have finally confirmed that he never had any value and didn´t increase his value they swallowed the pill. Waiting even longer would have accomplished nothing.

ANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN....LIE.  I said that if you DON'T get value back, you are better off keeping him.  Nice try, MR. I want Bertans...lol  You need to go back and hide again.  You and your boy Kamm need to take your hurt feelings, turn in your ability to complain and then move on down the road.
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
Like Reply
(02-10-2022, 03:21 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: The team once again performed better without him (certainly did not fall apart) and now that we have finally confirmed that he never had any value and didn´t increase his value they swallowed the pill. Waiting even longer would have accomplished nothing.

I agree with this. But...I still wish they had done something a little more responsible.

I guess the goal was specifically NOT to get off the money, but to instead split it up, so that it could be disseminated into multiple future deals?
Like Reply
(02-10-2022, 03:21 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Doesn't mean the pros got the idea from here. Blame THEM, not your friends from this community.

KL, it's a joke because its' THIS BAD OF A TRADE.  No idiot ever meant that literally.  Come on, you know that.
Like Reply
(02-10-2022, 03:22 PM)TXBamanut Wrote: ANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN....LIE.  I said that if you DON'T get value back, you are better off keeping him.  Nice try, MR. I want Bertans...lol  You need to go back and hide again.  You and your boy Kamm need to take your hurt feelings, turn in your ability to complain and then move on down the road.

https://www.mavsboard.com/showthread.php?tid=1429

That´s the thread. I would be hidding in some corner right now. But we all know how the internet works. Doubling down on bad takes is the way to go.
Like Reply
(02-10-2022, 02:40 PM)soog Wrote: Wait… what?!?!

Bertrans and Dinwiddie?!

There’s a pick in there too…. Right…?

Is the all information released? or can there still be a 1st round pick coming?

I have to say, KP seems as the best player by far in that trade. That seems horrible.
Like Reply
Annnnnd STILL nowhere htat I guaranteed value for him in return, and my entire argument in that thread was it would be better to KEEP him than trade him for TRASH.

Thomas Bryant and Davis Bertans is actually a WORSE trade than the one that got done.

NO...sorry, next. The problem with sharing a thread and claiming something is that people actually read the thread adn don't take your word for it.  Move along, man.
Like Reply
(02-10-2022, 03:35 PM)TXBamanut Wrote: Annnnnd STILL nowhere htat I guaranteed value for him in return, and my entire argument in that thread was it would be better to KEEP him than trade him for TRASH.

Thomas Bryant and Davis Bertans is actually a WORSE trade than the one that got done.

NO...sorry, next. The problem with sharing a thread and claiming something is that people actually read the thread adn don't take your word for it.  Move along, man.

Desperately hope that people aren´t reading it. These aren´t even the worst takes. Just taken from your first post.

if you traded KP for a bag of magic beans (projects and draft picks) like many folks wanted to this offseason.  The Grizzlies game would be the best case every night.

Mavs are 13-8 without KP. 9-3 since the health and safety protocol. Not exactly what you tried to sell us.

It looks bad now, but we are in a better place now, than if we would have traded KP this summer.  Even with the injury, his trade value is more now than it was then.

That worked out briliiantly. Just like in the thread you never answered the question when the Mavs should have made a decision. I guess at some point KP´s contract would have expired.
Like Reply
I know it would not be good for the dynamics of the team, but there might be the chance that KP fails the physical and the trade is voided (MAN CAN HOPE)

BUT

The truth is more likely that Dallas sent the extra 2nd rd pick so Washington would waive the physical...

This is depressing
Like Reply
(02-10-2022, 03:45 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Desperately hope that people aren´t reading it. These aren´t even the worst takes. Just taken from your first post.

if you traded KP for a bag of magic beans (projects and draft picks) like many folks wanted to this offseason.  The Grizzlies game would be the best case every night.

Mavs are 13-8 without KP. 9-3 since the health and safety protocol. Not exactly what you tried to sell us.

It looks bad now, but we are in a better place now, than if we would have traded KP this summer.  Even with the injury, his trade value is more now than it was then.

That worked out briliiantly. Just like in the thread you never answered the question when the Mavs should have made a decision. I guess at some point KP´s contract would have expired.

I stand by what I said and still nowhere there did I guarantee value.  I said you hold him until you can get better value is the better play...this team isn't better right now. And honestly, his value was even lower than now last summer.  You would have gotten less in the summer...and it's abyssmal now....which goes to the point about the thread. 

You were better off sticking with him and gambling that he would get better and you could trade him on the upswing.  That didn't work out and me personallly, I would have stuck with him because you are going to be playing these goomers longer than you would be playing KP.  Bertans is a year longer and Dinwiddie's contract is the same length.  Granted it's only partially guaranteed in two seasons, but you are paying the same money for guys with injury concerns who's availability is arguably the same, who produce less and neither defend well.

So you basically have the same problems...the same issues, but none of the possible benefits that you had with KP.

KP for 60% of the games may very well be better than SD and DB for 70% which is about the same.  DB has played the exact number of games that KP has played...so all the problems, none of the upside.

Like I said in that thread, it's better to hold on hoping he can up his value, and if you can't up the value, then play it out.  I'll be waiting for Jake Fischer, who tweeted that there were options on the table besides Bertans and SD, to say what they were...  Man, fi they at least got a defensive center like Holmes for him....but Bertans is Nico Melli 2.0...who allegedly can shoot, because he's got the same problem as KP with his shot right now.
Like Reply