Poll: How do you grade this signing?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
"A" - Bargain deal on a great player!
4.00%
2 4.00%
"B" - Good deal. This is what you have to pay for great shooters.
54.00%
27 54.00%
"C" - Slight overpay, but the fit and player are good.
28.00%
14 28.00%
"D" - There were better players and options, but the contract will be fine.
12.00%
6 12.00%
"F" - Big overpay on a terrible player!
2.00%
1 2.00%
Total 50 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
FA: Reggie Bullock to DAL for 3 yrs/$30.5M (using MLE)
(08-03-2021, 03:07 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: It's funny because I just went to the Mavs News thread and saw the tweet detailing this exact scenario. Here I thought I finally had a clever original thought...

In any case, I still like the idea of preserving the Mavs MLE. Perhaps the Mavs can snag one or a combination of Kelly Oubre/Josh Hart/Kendrick Nunn/Rudy Gay/ Patty Mills with the MLE.

Dennis the Menace is out there too.
Like Reply
ill bet $1000 the Pacers wins more games than the mavs this year

or a one month ban bet
Like Reply
(08-03-2021, 03:03 AM)wmffl87 Wrote: still a giant shithole

hopefully Luka is a Laker soon.  not renewing cable for this

And why would you comment regarding Luka like that on a Mavs fan forum?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Fromthecorner's post:
  • embellisher
Like Reply
(08-03-2021, 01:32 AM)burekemde Wrote: 4th season for Luka. Mavs still cant add great players around him. Still role after role player after another role player.... This is deeply worrying. Its clear Luka wants to win now and is ready to win now. Another season and another one where Luka will need to make miracles to advance to beat teams with two or three stars.

Adding on KP was absolutely the correct move
Just sucks it didn't work.
And even if we did move on from him at this past trade deadline, there was no one out there in FA to replace what we wanted from him. 
Certainly people who could be marginally better and a much better fit overall with Luka, but no true difference maker like we need
[-] The following 2 users Like Jym's post:
  • KillerLeft, Mapka
Like Reply
(08-03-2021, 03:56 AM)Jym Wrote: Adding on KP was absolutely the correct move
And even if we did move on from him at this past trade deadline, there was no one out there in FA to replace what we wanted from him. 
Certainly people who could be marginally better and a much better fit overall with Luka, but no true difference maker like we need

This is true, but that's not enough also.

We just didn't use our resources good this FA. We gave away JRich for space but then didn't use any.

Now we could use him for tradematch.
Like Reply
(08-03-2021, 03:56 AM)Jym Wrote: Adding on KP was absolutely the correct move

This is astute.
Like Reply
Have seen on twitter people not liking this deal and suggesting Caruso would have been a better signing. I think, Bullock was just a beautiful pick up. Take a look at the numbers:

1) Great, great shooter. Don´t compare him to Caruso. He´s shot 39% on threes for his career on almost 4 attempts per game. That´s a completely different ballpark than Caruso, who has never shot more than 2.4 threes per game (last season) and avgerages 1.9 for his career. Plus, Bullock is an ELITE free-throw shooter with over 90% last year and 84.4% over his career, while Caruso shot 64% last season (avg 72% for his career.) Also he´s a great spot-up shooter on wide open shots (46%).

2) Low turnover machine. We get a player, who knows his role. He avg. 30 min last season with 0.7 TO. That´s pretty insane (Caruso had 1.3 TO on 21 min). That´s DFS level. Super valuable.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Thukydides's post:
  • Branduil
Like Reply
(08-03-2021, 04:10 AM)Mapka Wrote: This is true, but that's not enough also.

We just didn't use our resources good this FA. We gave away JRich for space but then didn't use any.

Now we could use him for tradematch.

Not even 12 hours into FA
I'm content. Locked in Hardaway and picked up a solid MLE level guy
We can add one more at the same level or maybe even luck into someone better who is forced into taking a discount (of course one of those will have to be from using the TPE which shouldn't be all that difficult to pull off)

Find that guy in the next day or 2 and then see how trades shake out. Ideally find a good way to dump Powell with minimum assets going out and something expiring coming in. Even better if that player can contribute like Dragic

Should be so much better recordwise if our guys can avoid weeks of quarantine, stay healthy overall, and can avoid the weird lockerroom stuff of last year
I'd expect a top 2 or 3 seed
The problem is the playoffs. We need a Lillard or a Beal to sweep in if we want to advance far
Like Reply
(08-03-2021, 04:52 AM)Jym Wrote: Not even 12 hours into FA
We can add one more at the same level or maybe even luck into someone better who is forced into taking a discount

Our MLE is gone, how do you think we will pay this other guy?
Getting THJ back was the minimum incentive.

(08-03-2021, 04:52 AM)Jym Wrote: Find that guy in the next day or 2 and then see how trades shake out. Ideally find a good way to dump Powell with minimum assets going out and something expiring coming in. Even better if that player can contribute like Dragic

Why would we dump Powell? He is a useful player und we don´t gain any cap from it.

(08-03-2021, 04:52 AM)Jym Wrote: Should be so much better recordwise if our guys can avoid weeks of quarantine, stay healthy overall, and can avoid the weird lockerroom stuff of last year
The problem is the playoffs. We need a Lillard or a Beal to sweep in if we want to advance far

I think it´s the other way around. Ww aren´t made for the season but for the playoffs. We would have just needed that one player.

Lillard or Beal might work, but I don´t think we really need that kind of player.

Only way I can see us improve is trade Powell/WCS for Dragic and take someone in the TPE. But this will cost further assets we don´t have.
Like Reply
(08-03-2021, 04:52 AM)Jym Wrote: Not even 12 hours into FA
We can add one more at the same level or maybe even luck into someone better who is forced into taking a discount (of course one of those will have to be from using the TPE which shouldn't be all that difficult to pull off)

Find that guy in the next day or 2 and then see how trades shake out. Ideally find a good way to dump Powell with minimum assets going out and something expiring coming in. Even better if that player can contribute like Dragic

Should be so much better recordwise if our guys can avoid weeks of quarantine, stay healthy overall, and can avoid the weird lockerroom stuff of last year

I can't put them that high with Denver, Utah, and Phoenix clearly better. They still have holes especially on defense and rebounding, health not withstanding. Still need a secondary ball handler and creator. They improved a little around the margins, that's it. They need a monster year from KP to reach those heights. JMO.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • Mapka
Like Reply
Added a new poll.....go vote!!!
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/ReggieBullock35/stat...6161423360
[-] The following 9 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • DrMav, fifteenth, Hypermav, KillerLeft, MrGoat, Paul Gasol, Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo, SleepingHero, Tyler
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/ReggieBullock35/stat...6905164800
[-] The following 2 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • DrMav, fifteenth
Like Reply
I vote "G". That means "how the #@%&* do I know?". Won't know until I see him in a Mavs uniform.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status...5980710919
Like Reply
(08-03-2021, 09:07 AM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/ReggieBullock35/stat...6161423360

Ok, I now love Bullock, and we probably underpaid for him.
[-] The following 3 users Like DrMav's post:
  • DontStandSo, Hypermav, Tyler
Like Reply
(08-03-2021, 10:41 AM)DrMav Wrote: Ok, I now love Bullock, and we probably underpaid for him.
He’s my favorite Mav of all time.
Like Reply
(08-03-2021, 10:43 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: He’s my favorite Mav of all time.

Wow, bold claim!

I'm really excited to see him play now...
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • fifteenth, ItsGoTime
Like Reply
Zach Harper, The Athletic echo's my thoughts exactly:

Reggie Bullock signs with Dallas Mavericks | $30.5 million over three years:
I’m honestly shocked that Bullock didn’t end up with a much higher salary. I would have guessed he’d be bringing in $15 million per season after what he did in New York. Dallas still needs to address bringing in another playmaker to help Luka Doncic not have to do so much, but this deal for Bullock is a no-brainer. He can shoot the lights out. He can defend. He’s the type of wing you want on the floor with Luka. And think about how much cheaper he was than even McDermott, let alone Robinson and Fournier.
Grade: A-
[-] The following 8 users Like vfromlmf's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan, embellisher, KillerLeft, ReunionMav, Scott41theMavs, SleepingHero, Smitty, Tyler
Like Reply
(08-03-2021, 12:33 PM)vfromlmf Wrote: Zach Harper, The Athletic echo's my thoughts exactly:

Reggie Bullock signs with Dallas Mavericks | $30.5 million over three years:
I’m honestly shocked that Bullock didn’t end up with a much higher salary. I would have guessed he’d be bringing in $15 million per season after what he did in New York. Dallas still needs to address bringing in another playmaker to help Luka Doncic not have to do so much, but this deal for Bullock is a no-brainer. He can shoot the lights out. He can defend. He’s the type of wing you want on the floor with Luka. And think about how much cheaper he was than even McDermott, let alone Robinson and Fournier.
Grade: A-

That's the type of thing I want to believe is true so I'll feel good about the signing. I'm familiar with his name, and have probably seen him play against the Mavs, but don't know anything about him.
[-] The following 1 user Likes david75090's post:
  • Paul Gasol
Like Reply