Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WAB's Rooting Interest in the Finals
Some years I might proclaim neutrality during the finals, acting like Switzerland unless it finally joins NATO.

But, this year, with the Warriors whipping us, we do want other teams to share in our experience and, favoring GSW seems a natural.

But, for me, as someone old enough to have watched the legendary Bill Russell play ball, but also aware of the many racist indignities he suffered silently in Beantown, Boston, as its commonly called, I'm anti-Boston.

Bill Russell is someone I admire, both as a player and as a man.  I'm sure he's a Celtics fan still, but I'm not.

Go Warriors!
[-] The following 2 users Like WildArkieBoy's post:
  • KillerLeft, VintagePejav2
Like Reply
(06-06-2022, 07:49 PM)WildArkieBoy Wrote: Some years I might proclaim neutrality during the finals, acting like Switzerland unless it finally joins NATO.

But, this year, with the Warriors whipping us, we do want other teams to share in our experience and, favoring GSW seems a natural.

But, for me, as someone old enough to have watched the legendary Bill Russell play ball, but also aware of the many racist indignities he suffered silently in Beantown, Boston, as its commonly called, I'm anti-Boston.

Bill Russell is someone I admire, both as a player and as a man.  I'm sure he's a Celtics fan still, but I'm not.

Go Warriors!

Have you ever been kicked in the grapes?  Spoiler...its uncomfortable.

Now...imagine being blindsided by a foot to your groin...by an adult...during NBA game with millions watching.

Screw the psychology bot that is Draymond Green.

Go Celts!
Like Reply