Poll: How do you grade this contract?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
"A" - Bargain deal on a great player!
5.41%
2 5.41%
"B" - Good deal. This is what you have to pay for great shooters.
43.24%
16 43.24%
"C" - Slight overpay, but the fit and player are good.
40.54%
15 40.54%
"D" - There were better players and options, but the contract will be fine.
10.81%
4 10.81%
"F" - Big overpay on a terrible player!
0%
0 0%
Total 37 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FA: THJ to DAL for 4 yrs/$74M
(08-04-2021, 12:50 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Is it suddenly cool not to like Luka?  Huh Huh Huh If so, I'll stay outside of that clique, tyvm.

The chubby kid on team Slovenia that is getting carried by Zoran Dragic?
Like Reply
(08-04-2021, 01:20 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: The chubby kid on team Slovenia that is getting carried by Zoran Dragic?

Ha ha!!!!

IS ZORAN DRAGIC GOING TO WEAR A MAVERICKS JERSEY IN 2022?
Like Reply
(08-04-2021, 01:21 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Ha ha!!!!

I'd rather have Zoran for free than pay any of our valuable assets for Goran.
Like Reply
(08-04-2021, 01:21 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Ha ha!!!!

Only half kidding. Watching them in the last few weeks I am wondering if the Mavs are going after the wrong Dragic. Luka has been his usual boxscore stuffing self and is obviously the best player but Dragic is a close second. 16ppg. Shooting 66% from the field and 50% from 3. 16 assists in four games. Only one tov.
Like Reply
(08-04-2021, 01:25 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Only half kidding. Watching them in the last few weeks I am wondering if the Mavs are going after the wrong Dragic. Luka has been his usual boxscore stuffing self and is obviously the best player but Dragic is a close second. 16ppg. Shooting 66% from the field and 50% from 3. 16 assists in four games. Only one tov.

I have no idea how to process how the increased level of play in the NBA would impact a player like Zoran or Tobey. Would they be able to do anything like what they do in international play if they played in the NBA?
Like Reply
(08-04-2021, 01:29 PM)fifteenth Wrote: I have no idea how to process how the increased level of play in the NBA would impact a player like Zoran or Tobey. Would they be able to do anything like what they do in international play if they played in the NBA?

Tobey translatable skills:

-Screens
-Outside Shooting
-Rebounding
-Motor

I'd worry about him getting abused on defense.
Like Reply
(08-04-2021, 01:29 PM)fifteenth Wrote: I have no idea how to process how the increased level of play in the NBA would impact a player like Zoran or Tobey. Would they be able to do anything like what they do in international play if they played in the NBA?

That´s the question. He only played on season for the Heat and never looked like he deserved a roster spot. Even in europe he wasn´t a good shooter. Just caught fire in the last few games. On the other hand. Just like his brother he is a good slasher and great decision maker with the ball in his hands.
Same for Tobey. Two games. 25 minutes in total for the Hornets. He improved a lot but I think the smaller court and lack of 3s in the paint/illegal defense rules really help him on defense.

Overall it probably isn´t worth the risk. Makes more sense to use them as archetypes for guys that fit next to Luka.
Like Reply
(08-04-2021, 01:36 PM)cow Wrote: Tobey translatable skills:

-Screens
-Outside Shooting
-Rebounding
-Motor

I'd worry about him getting abused on defense.

I get all that, but my thought is that some dudes can do all of the things you just listed, but can only do it when the game is moving one tick slower than the NBA game is moving
[-] The following 1 user Likes fifteenth's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(08-04-2021, 01:42 PM)fifteenth Wrote: I get all that, but my thought is that some dudes can do all of the things you just listed, but can only do it when the game is moving one tick slower than the NBA game is moving

It's a worry for sure.  I'm not sure what his contract status is and if he could accept a camp invite but I'd love to kick that tire.  The majority of our 5s suck anyway.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/SkinWade/status/1422...60739?s=20
Like Reply