Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEWS: Nine Mavs Players Spend 3 Days in Miami Training
https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1173394984302776321

Quote:Luka Doncic and Dwight Powell were among at least nine Mavericks who spent three days training together in Miami last week, returning to Dallas on Friday. “Just team-bonding,” Doncic said. “It was a good trip, for sure.”

Powell said players began communicating early in the summer about coming together, as a team, for a working vacation of sorts. “It was great to get guys together, spend time together away from Dallas outside of the season,” he said. “Obviously we’ll be together on the road when the season starts, but it’s good to get some team dinners and get everybody on the same page.”

Although it was largely a players-only trip, the Mavericks organization did send a small group of assistant coaches and trainers to monitor and assist in the workouts.

Quote:Mavericks players, of course, have been scrimmaging with and against Porzingis in the flesh. “He’s very good,” Powell said with a laugh. "He’s very, very good. I’m excited, very excited.”

What has most stood out in the play of Porzingis, who has not appeared in an NBA game since tearing the anterior cruciate in his left knee on Feb. 6, 2018?

“He’s 7-foot-3 and he shoots it from anywhere, with ease. It’s kind of hard to affect that shot. He’s moving well, he’s at full-strength.” Powell paused. Another laugh. “He’s looking very good out there. We’re all very excited.”

Quote:JJ Barea, who ruptured his right Achilles last season and underwent surgery on Jan. 14, said he began playing five-on-five recently and that he has been medically cleared to take part in the opening day of training camp.

“That’s the plan,” he said.
Like Reply
Powell talking about KP makes me giddy.
Like Reply
(09-17-2019, 09:29 AM)iolide Wrote: Powell talking about KP makes me giddy.

Yep, KP is the X-Factor.... if he is what I think he will be, the Mavs will not only make the playoffs but make noise battling for homecourt in the first round.
Like Reply
(09-17-2019, 10:11 AM)Kammrath Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 09:29 AM)iolide Wrote: Powell talking about KP makes me giddy.

Yep, KP is the X-Factor.... if he is what I think he will be, the Mavs will not only make the playoffs but make noise battling for homecourt in the first round.
I agree with this...theore I see written about KP and his recovery the more stoked I get about our chances.to make some noise and be a playoff nightmare for others...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
I just honestly think that the whole NBA world forgot how good KP is. Like this dude was a stud in New York. Everyone was saying he is the next Dirk, etc. It's crazy we have him now and i trust our Medical Staff as well, so i am sure they know what they are doing with KP.
Like Reply