Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
2021-2022 MAVS NEWS: 4th in West | WCF loss [ARCHIVED]
(06-28-2022, 09:17 PM)jon.neal52 Wrote: Does the possibility of a 3-team SnT mean were possibly getting Noel?

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1541965208708648960
Like Reply
Mark does not want players. Mark wants more cash in his pocket.
(06-28-2022, 09:17 PM)jon.neal52 Wrote: Does the possibility of a 3-team SnT mean were possibly getting Noel?
Like Reply
Then what would we be getting in a possible 3 team SnT?
Like Reply
(06-28-2022, 09:26 PM)jon.neal52 Wrote: Then what would we be getting in a possible 3 team SnT?

There's no 3-team-trade, it's fake news. Brunson is going into their cap space.
Like Reply
(06-28-2022, 09:25 PM)Branduil Wrote: Mark does not want players. Mark wants more cash in his pocket.

I agree, but AGAIN, this is fine, IF:

1) you don't make it seem publicly like you're willing to spend, getting everyone's hopes up. 

2) you don't continue to make the same mistakes you did for the first decade without being willing to spend your way out of them. 

I'm sure I'm looking at all of this in the most negative possible light today. Letting one of only two good players you've drafted over the past decade walk out of the door over money after you've developed him into a near all star tends to have that effect on me. And, I'm sure I'll be ready to get positive again before the season starts, but OMFG they are asking a lot of us as fans right now, imho.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • RasheedsBigWhiteSpot
Like Reply
(06-28-2022, 06:32 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

(06-28-2022, 09:24 PM)Tyler Wrote: https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1541965208708648960

https://media.giphy.com/media/vkwAeqMEUSaoU/giphy.gif
[-] The following 1 user Likes Fuerza1's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(06-28-2022, 09:29 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I agree, but AGAIN, this is fine, IF:

1) you don't make it seem publicly like you're willing to spend, getting everyone's hopes up. 

2) you don't continue to make the same mistakes you did for the first decade without being willing to spend your way out of them. 

I'm sure I'm looking at all of this in the most negative possible light today. Letting one of only two good players you've drafted over the past decade walk out of the door over money after you've developed him into a near all star tends to have that effect on me. And, I'm sure I'll be ready to get positive again before the season starts, but OMFG they are asking a lot of us as fans right now, imho.

You think it's bad now, wait until they lose to the Clippers in the 1st round again
[-] The following 2 users Like Branduil's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid, VintagePejav2
Like Reply
And to this day, TEN YEARS after Cuban stopped paying tax, there are still fans who will tell you "Mark Cuban is willing to spend whatever it takes to put a winner out there. Everyone knows that." 

I have never seen an owner skate for so long on reputation.
Like Reply
(06-28-2022, 09:29 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I agree, but AGAIN, this is fine, IF:

Contracts are much shorter these days than they were back then. Only mega deals like Wall or Westbrook's contracts are really albatrosses these days. Even if we paid him 30 million a year, there is no doubt in my mind that we would still be able trade him if needed with the cap going up in the next few years. Plus it's not like Jalen is Evan Eschmeyer or Tariq Abdul Wahad, getting paid big bucks to be injured and never play. It wouldn't be the same as the early years.
Like Reply
https://youtu.be/gD3uDYTzlzg
Like Reply
DAL is "by no means done" w/ trades reducing payroll
[-] The following 3 users Like BolsDamols's post:
  • Branduil, Smitty, sterlingmallory
Like Reply
This dude has been trying to tell everyone all week. 

I think half the people on this board really thought some type of amazing sign and trade was about to go down. 

https://twitter.com/CBAMavs/status/1541963970956783618?s=20&t=NOKgAD1DLOT6LZRVrvu6Qg
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Smitty
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/ChrisBHaynes/status/1541977658396790786?s=20&t=i54C5eQA338ymspqGOIwVQ
[-] The following 1 user Likes sterlingmallory's post:
  • Fuerza1
Like Reply
(06-28-2022, 09:30 PM)Branduil Wrote: You think it's bad now, wait until they lose to the Clippers in the 1st round again

Wait until Luka asks to be traded. You won’t have to wait long if they lose Brunson. 

I am not upset that the Mavs feel hesitant to go beyond a certain number. I am upset that JB was ready to sign a much lower deal in Feb and the Mavs wouldn’t.  I am upset that at the TDL they did not pursue deals. We seem to be the only team who never gets hometown discounts. We seem to be the only team that won’t try to recoup something even if we know that we will not get into a bidding war when FA arrives.  

I can’t blame Nico. This is a decade now of the same thing. It is all Cuban.
[-] The following 2 users Like hakeemfaan's post:
  • F Gump, Mavs2021
Like Reply
(06-28-2022, 10:17 PM)hakeemfaan Wrote: I am not upset that the Mavs feel hesitant to go beyond a certain number. I am upset that JB was ready to sign a much lower deal in Feb and the Mavs wouldn’t.  I am upset that at the TDL they did not pursue deals. We seem to be the only team who never gets hometown discounts. We seem to be the only team that won’t try to recoup something even if we know that we will not get into a bidding war when FA arrives.  

Asset management. 

I was ok with it when the game was about cap room (not that they did anything with the cap room) but now they've got to be smarter than this.
Like Reply
(06-28-2022, 10:17 PM)hakeemfaan Wrote:   We seem to be the only team who never gets hometown discounts. 

There's a reason for that. If you sign to be a bargain in Dallas, you are seen as a better trade chip for Cuban to dangle. There is no real loyalty to the key players --- only to the overpaid that forced an overpay to sign here, and then can't be moved. It began with Cuban doing some backstabbing long ago and the consequences continue on.
[-] The following 2 users Like F Gump's post:
  • Branduil, hakeemfaan
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/KirkSeriousFace/status/1541988824057888768?s=20&t=tagJnl9i7wWhO3bNxEW53g
Like Reply
(06-28-2022, 10:30 PM)F Gump Wrote: There's a reason for that. If you sign to be a bargain in Dallas, you are seen as a better trade chip for Cuban to dangle. There is no real loyalty to the key players --- only to the overpaid that forced an overpay to sign here, and then can't be moved. It began with Cuban doing some backstabbing long ago and the consequences continue on.

Isn’t that true for every team though?  Won’t the Clips move Zubac if they see a clear chance to get a better player?  If you are not an untouchable which team shows loyalty just because the player gave them a hometown discount?
Like Reply
Current roster with no incoming S&T players and assuming Dragic is a Mav:

Wood       Powell

DFS         Maxi        Bertans

Bullock     Green      Frank

SDin        THJ          Pinson

Luka        Dragic      Hardy
Like Reply
(06-28-2022, 10:53 PM)hakeemfaan Wrote: Isn’t that true for every team though?  Won’t the Clips move Zubac if they see a clear chance to get a better player?  If you are not an untouchable which team shows loyalty just because the player gave them a hometown discount?

I think the Mavs blatantly insulting Brunson by not offering an extension because they wanted to dangle him as trade bait played a big role here.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Branduil's post:
  • F Gump
Like Reply