Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEWS: Former ref Tim Donaghy, "The Mavericks should have a ring from 2006."
Information 
https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1187420055077830656

Quote:I’ll say it again: There’s no doubt in my mind that the Mavericks should have a ring from 2006. And the Sacramento Kings should have a ring from 2002. And if it wasn’t because of the officiating and the officials on the floor for certain games and the supervisor of officials back in 2006, I think they would have a ring and they should have a ring.
Like Reply
[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
Unless the media retroactively voids the title from the Heat and awards it to the Mavs, I really could care less what a disgraced ref has to say.

We all saw the reffing. Everyone knows the FT disparity wasn't a fluke. That's about as good as it'll get it seems.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
I care. Just cause he cheated doesn’t mean he's lying now. What interests me most is that the NBA can’t shut him up. Why no defamation suit?
Like Reply
(10-25-2019, 07:08 PM)Jommybone Wrote: I care. Just cause he cheated doesn’t mean he's lying now. What interests me most is that the NBA can’t shut him up. Why no defamation suit?

Can't really sue somebody for slander when they're telling the truth.   Wink
Like Reply
(10-25-2019, 08:08 PM)embellisher Wrote:
(10-25-2019, 07:08 PM)Jommybone Wrote: I care. Just cause he cheated doesn’t mean he's lying now. What interests me most is that the NBA can’t shut him up. Why no defamation suit?

Can't really sue somebody for slander when they're telling the truth.   Wink

Yep. That’s not the only reason they shouldn’t sue. But it sure doesn’t make me less inclined to believe Donaghy.
Like Reply